Which suppressor

Well, let's put it this way, if I still decide to go that route, it would be the one I'd use, and I'd most likely use the Xeno Xero to make it as light as possible while maximizing sound suppression, because it takes up no additional volume. I would think the Xeno adapter with the Xero is barely heavier than the direct thread adapter. A hair longer at about 1/2".

The one thing I like about a mounting adapter in general, is I can torque the adapter to the barrel, then that connection never gets touched again. There is something to be said for that, just don't know how much value it truly has with bolt and single shot guns as it's not something I'll be changing rapidly in a combat situation. I really like the locking shoulder though for the hand tightened connection. Makes that resistant to vibration loosening. With a direct thread, it's no issue as long as a wrench is used to tighten it appropriately, but from a convenience standpoint, the hand tightened version is nice, for sure. Nice, but not vital.

You guys both have me sitting on the fence, lol. The good news is I can start with the cheaper version if I prefer and switch later, or vice versa.
There's no reason to tighten a direct thread can with a wrench. Snug it by hand and if you are shooting a lot check it when the barrel and can are cooling down. Mine typically doesn't come loose but if it does it's maybe once in several strings of 5 round groups.

Personal preference.
I'd rather put thread on-off cycles on an inexpensive threaded adapter than the barrel threads.
Also prefer a concentric, repeatable
taper lock up.
Also like the left & right threaded system.

YMMV
Fair enough. In my experience the can to shoulder contact is concentric and repeatable. Either system puts you at risk of a baffles strike if the barrel threads are not concentric.

SheepShapeAK,
It looks like you're running that with the Xeno attachment. Two questions, do you like it, or would you rather just have direct thread? Two, how do you like the E-brake with the PRC?
I like the xeno adapter. Makes it easy for me to swap between other firearms.

That e brake with the prc is unreal. Barely kicks at all and is so darn quiet. I'd say with the suppressor and e brake it recoils less than a .308 in an AR platform.

While I have no idea if I made the correct decision or not, because mine has only been in lockup for 30 days, I researched for about as long as my form 4 will likely take. My requirements sound pretty similar to yours and I ended up buying an AB raptor.

Its light weight and meets the definition of modularity for my use perfectly. It will work on every <=.308 rifle I own. If it works like I expect, I will buy another in .375 for the rest of the herd.

30 cal AB raptor 4 stack with a 4" 5/8x24 direct thread reflex mount and a 1/2x28 direct thread flush mount, a 30 cal cap, a 6.5 cap and a 223 cap.

It's short (4.7" from muzzle, if memory serves) and light and will be "hearing safe" on my 300 PRC down to 223.

I can only shoot one rifle at a time...

I know everyone here has their favorites based on their experience, and I have none. But, when it came down to it, I decided to buck convention for what seemed right for my use.

I hope I didnt F-up :)

While I have no idea if I made the correct decision or not, because mine has only been in lockup for 30 days, I researched for about as long as my form 4 will likely take. My requirements sound pretty similar to yours and I ended up buying an AB raptor.

Its light weight and meets the definition of modularity for my use perfectly. It will work on every <=.308 rifle I own. If it works like I expect, I will buy another in .375 for the rest of the herd.

30 cal AB raptor 4 stack with a 4" 5/8x24 direct thread reflex mount and a 1/2x28 direct thread flush mount, a 30 cal cap, a 6.5 cap and a 223 cap.

It's short (4.7" from muzzle, if memory serves) and light and will be "hearing safe" on my 300 PRC down to 223.

I can only shoot one rifle at a time...

I know everyone here has their favorites based on their experience, and I have none. But, when it came down to it, I decided to buck convention for what seemed right for my use.

I hope I didnt F-up :)
I'm looking at the AB Raptor for my 300 RUM as well. I'm looking at the 10 stack though for the best performance.

Personally, I went with a hybrid of what I was looking at. I went with the Nomad-Ti and bought the E-brake separately. This way I can direct thread for the lightest, shortest option while providing adequate suppression and maximum recoil reduction for larger cartridges. Sitting at "awaiting form 3 approval" at the moment.

You might email them. I did, asking if the 2 stack with 5" reflex would be hearing safe. The reply was something along the lines of "I'm not sure but we have a 26" PRC, so we will test it for you.".

The answer was that a 2 stack wouldnt make hearing safe, but a 4 stack would, so that's the rout I went.

Point being, they might do some testing for you and 10 stack might be overkill.

Steve

Well, let's put it this way, if I still decide to go that route, it would be the one I'd use, and I'd most likely use the Xeno Xero to make it as light as possible while maximizing sound suppression, because it takes up no additional volume. I would think the Xeno adapter with the Xero is barely heavier than the direct thread adapter. A hair longer at about 1/2".

The one thing I like about a mounting adapter in general, is I can torque the adapter to the barrel, then that connection never gets touched again. There is something to be said for that, just don't know how much value it truly has with bolt and single shot guns as it's not something I'll be changing rapidly in a combat situation. I really like the locking shoulder though for the hand tightened connection. Makes that resistant to vibration loosening. With a direct thread, it's no issue as long as a wrench is used to tighten it appropriately, but from a convenience standpoint, the hand tightened version is nice, for sure. Nice, but not vital.

You guys both have me sitting on the fence, lol. The good news is I can start with the cheaper version if I prefer and switch later, or vice versa.
I have gone the route several have discussed in this thread. I have DT cans for my bolt guns and QD for my AR's. Personally I think it's the best way to roll. I hated the QD mounts on my bolt rifles and it limited which cans I used because I was then limited to my QD cans. I currently own 14 cans and move them around a lot. I own mosty Dead Air and have Sandman K& L for the QD's, a couple Sandman Ti's, Nomad, Nomad Ti, Nomad LT along with a few Stealth Project and a Griffin. The griffin along with the Sandman K&L have become dedicated AR cans. The balance all stay DT and switch between bolt guns.

One thing I might mention if you end up with more than one can and have quite a few rifles like I do, take notes on which can you sight in with so you don't have impact shifts by using the wrong can. First world problems when you have to many rifles and cans, but I certainly can't remember them all lol.