Which sling? Advice wanted!

goebs66

So Ive been a long time lurker on here and decided to finally get an account to post with. I just ordered my new sako 85 Hunter rifle (woodstock) and need some help picking out a sling. Comfortability and long distance walking is not really a concern, I rarely have to walk more than a half mile or so to my hunting spots. I more so need a sling for accuracy support when in tree stands or a blind when I don't have a stable rest for my rifle. I feel weird looking at the tactical slings like the TAB Gear sling for a classic looking Sako rifle but Ive heard GREAT things about it and the support it gives for accuracy. Anyone have any opinions?? Im trying to keep this under 100$!

My vote goes to the Slogun outdoors. Very easy to get into a hasty sling and you can put as much tension as you want. Used with shooting sticks/rest and you can be very accurate field setup.

For what you have described as the intended application, I would use any nylon sling of your choosing that can be purchased from Wally world and the likes. If you want something a little more comfortable for the walks and won't slip, then look at the Claw (narrow width). I use this one on my mountain rifle and really like it.

Get the tab gear. I own two of them and come hunting season they come off the tactical rifle and go on my..... no wait thats the same rifle I hunt with.Yep thays right . Forget about traditional vs whatever and hunting vs tactical. If it works it works. I run them because they work for the same reason thay several years ago snipers in the army were using "deer rifles" because they worked better than the standard military rifles for the mission they had. You're hunting deer, that sling is designed to help a guy be the most effective at making shots from an unsupported position which is what you will be doing when deer hunting. My two go to hunting rifles are an AR10 and a TRG 42, so take it for what its worth and use what works.

You'll like it. Now google some videos on all the different way to use it and when it comes in get to the range and practice with it and have some fun

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts