• Tangent Theta

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • S&B

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • ZCO

Votes: 19 15.6%

• Total voters
Last edited:
Look what Santa just dropped off at my door today! Thanks Orkan!
20220817_191041.jpg

I ordered the Moa but wish it was like their 3x. The moa has no christmas tree so for reticle aiming at range it is "worthless". And I wish it didn't have anything on the top half - its so cluttered it hinders spotting misses and mirage. But for dialing range and hold off for wind it will work. And hopefully with amazing clarity it should be great.

I see that nobody has voted for US optics. I've looked thru them in a store and they seem ok. I've also never held anything next to a TT or ZCO to compare the best to possibly the next best. Putting me behind a TT or ZCO would be like putting a tuxedo on a hog. I think the quality would be lost on me.

Has anyone had a bad experience with USO? Are they still made/assembled in the USA?

Any chance of getting a more meaningful explanation of your opinion of the ZCO's MOA reticle(below)?

It's just so basic, if you need to make a windage and elevation hold correction you are basically just guessing. Something with a Christmas tree style reticle will provide much more precise hold corrections. If you always just shoot Center dot nbd but I've found as I shoot more I tend to use the Center less and less.

It's just so basic, if you need to make a windage and elevation hold correction you are basically just guessing. Something with a Christmas tree style reticle will provide much more precise hold corrections. If you always just shoot Center dot nbd but I've found as I shoot more I tend to use the Center less and less.
Ah…So it's not "junk"…The reticle simply doesn't align with your particular shooting method.

I dial for elevation, hold for wind. If I miss a bit high or low, it is usually at very extended ranges, like 1400+. Where if I miss low left, I hold high right of target for a quick follow up. Or....more often, add 2 more clicks and hold right.
I love the ZCO MPCT, S&B H2CMR, Gen 2XR (even though it has a bit of a Christmas Tree), and Kahles SKMR reticles, because they cover less of the view with clutter.

If you miss high/low often, there are other issues to work on rather than reticles.

I see that nobody has voted for US optics. I've looked thru them in a store and they seem ok. I've also never held anything next to a TT or ZCO to compare the best to possibly the next best. Putting me behind a TT or ZCO would be like putting a tuxedo on a hog. I think the quality would be lost on me.

Has anyone had a bad experience with USO? Are they still made/assembled in the USA?

I'm one of the weird ones that voted USO 😅 I do know that the TS series scopes are not US made. If I recall correctly, the Foundation series are manufactured in North Carolina.

I still have my old but reliable SN3 T-Pal USO, actually sitting on the 6.5WSM in my profile pic.... I've beat the ever loving snot out of that thing and all it's done is laughed at me.

t

Not on their larger ones, just on 10X Unertle designed ones that they picked up to support the Marines in the M40A1 program. They are robust, just as tough as the NXS that I have. No bad experience with them. One is mounted on the 40x, the trainer.

Resized_IMG_20110116_235256_921196601828326.jpeg
Resized_IMG_20110116_235441001_548.jpeg

For my eyes swarovski has the best color and S&B has the best contrast/resolution followed closely by zco. It surprised me of how many like kahles, all I see is blue.

I dial for elevation, hold for wind. If I miss a bit high or low, it is usually at very extended ranges, like 1400+. Where if I miss low left, I hold high right of target for a quick follow up. Or....more often, add 2 more clicks and hold right.
I love the ZCO MPCT, S&B H2CMR, Gen 2XR (even though it has a bit of a Christmas Tree), and Kahles SKMR reticles, because they cover less of the view with clutter.

If you miss high/low often, there are other issues to work on rather than reticles.
I also dial for elevation and predominately use reticle holds for wind. While my competition(PRS) scopes tend to have more reticle detail(tree), for LRH, I much prefer a basic cross style(+) with .2MIL or 1MOA divisions which provides sufficient resolution for precise wind holds at long range. Also, I will on occasion I use the reticle like a simple "ruler" for game measurement, and range estimates when the situation/conditions calls for it.

Recent Posts