Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Tangent Theta

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • S&B

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • ZCO

Votes: 19 15.6%

• Total voters
The only concern I would have in purchasing a TT or ZCO is not having a long term track record in the industry. I believe they were founded in 2013 and 2018 respectively. Will they be around 5 - 10 years down the road if you have a problem? I guess you can worry yourself into a corner with any purchase, but $4k - $6k is not insignificant for a rifle scope. I know you stated that weight is non-issue for you. I wish it was a non-issue for me. I'm jealous!

The only concern I would have in purchasing a TT or ZCO is not having a long term track record in the industry. I believe they were founded in 2013 and 2018 respectively. Will they be around 5 - 10 years down the road if you have a problem? I guess you can worry yourself into a corner with any purchase, but $4k - $6k is not insignificant for a rifle scope. I know you stated that weight is non-issue for you. I wish it was a non-issue for me. I'm jealous!
The name ZCO might not have a long track record, but all of the technology that's in that optic has some of the longest track record. Nightforce/Kahles. In my honest opinion, there's probably nothing better than a ZCO, especially in durability and reliability. Took NF to the next level.

I am just trying to understand the need for 4-6K worth of scope for a hunting rifle. Please don't take this the wrong way. I am a firm believer in buying the best you can afford and for all you guys out there that can afford 4-6K for the scope good on ya and I'm jealous. I am just trying to understand how much better a scope can get than an NF ATACR, (for hunting purposes as that is what the OP stated the scope was for), to make it worth that much more money. Thanks up front for all the insight I am sure I am going to receive.

I am just trying to understand the need for 4-6K worth of scope for a hunting rifle. Please don't take this the wrong way. I am a firm believer in buying the best you can afford and for all you guys out there that can afford 4-6K for the scope good on ya and I'm jealous. I am just trying to understand how much better a scope can get than an NF ATACR, (for hunting purposes as that is what the OP stated the scope was for), to make it worth that much more money. Thanks up front for all the insight I am sure I am going to receive.
I see your point and I agree with it for most. But there a select few people that they want the best so when it comes to taking a 1000+ yard shot they want to know that their loads, rifle, mounts, scope are the best they can be so I am confident in that if the bullet misses the mark it's not the Equipment. And if I can improve my shot by just 2% or 5% better and have a slight advantage then it satisfies our obsessive, compulsive and perfectionist minds. Best I can explain it. Not bragging in no way but the way I see it I have probably 14 rifles with $2500 scopes on them. And if I could not afford those I would have only two rifles with the best scopes I could possibly have and still be content rather having 14 with cheap scopes on them. Not sure if that explains it. My wife says I have a real issue. I told her I'm gonna buy a gun for every pair of shoes she buys from here on out lol.

You don't. And you're right. Once you hit that "great glass" and unbeatable reliability (NF) the rest is just because "I can."
No more than that no matter what someone try's to convince someone of. Maybe it's the search for lightweight or the ultimate in low light….whatever it may be. But you are correct IMO

I just read a great article and he compared the zco to a TT in the long run he determined based off every feature of the scope that the TT was superior to a ZCO but by a very very minute amount. Is it worth $3K more??? Not sure about that
A TT525P is not $3K more than a ZCO 527. About $1K more.
Unless you get the special reticles, and FDE version. Then you are adding $1.5k to the price tag.

My March scope is very good at dealing with glare from incoming light such as the sun coming up in front of you. Has anyone compared the ZCO, TT, and Kahles to a March in this regard?

My March scope is very good at dealing with glare from incoming light such as the sun coming up in front of you. Has anyone compared the ZCO, TT, and Kahles to a March in this regard?

One of the better comparisons I've seen