Which scope? Leupy or nightforce?

Broz, I would like to go somewhere and look at a IOR. The main reason I LIKE IT IS THE lower power setting, because when I come off the ridge it is tight timber. Do you like the larger radius top turret and do you have the mp-8, and finally is it a durable type scope, Thanks

I just got this and can only tell what I have seen so far. First This does not have the big 25 moa turret. It has a the smaller 10 moa target turret with a cap. It does have the newer MP-8 reticle with a tiny dot and I like it so far. It seems to be a very durable well made scope and the glass looks awesome. But I haven't done a side by side with one of my NF's yet at dusk, but I will. The illumination of the reticle works very well and is highly adjustable, but it does have the knob for the battery on the diaopter, the NF with this hidden is a cleaner look IMO. Turrets are very positive but I wish they were a bit stiffer to turn, my personal preference. I am not sure where in MT. you are, but you are welcome to come look this over any time.

Jeff

I have both and I like the Leupy better. Probably get flamed for this but the leupold is all I need. I love the durability of the Nxs but is way to heavy for doing any distance hiking and I'm not planning on running over my scopes any time soon. I don't like how fine the reticle is on the Nf. My best buddy bought the Nf and he doesn't like the fine reticle either. It's tough for both of us to see(maybe we both have bad eyes at 29?). I also think for almost 2 large Nf could come up with a better scope cover. The rubber cover is a joke.

I hold three Mk4 8.5-25x50 M1 scopes. They are 1/4moa adjustments. I've shot boxes with each to get my adjustment plumb/Scopelevel settings. As far as I know, all Mk4s are MOA, and not available in IPHY even if requested for. Mine have tested perfect, with no surprises. They hold zero fine. The knobs are fine.

Of three NXS scopes(a 22x & two 32x) tested, they were right on as well, but one drifted in zero. This took a while to confirm.. However, NF service is as good as Leupold's. No complaints there.

I like both, and it's close, but I believe that eventually I'll replace my NXS with Mk4s for the weight savings, lower height and Alumina flip-ups.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.