Which scope for Stryker ?

Hiline89

Picked up a laminate thumbhole savage Stryker in 308. Need suggestions for a scope. Hunting deer & antelope. Any help is appreciated!

Looking forward to this answer, that way I don't have to ask. I tried my 3-12 Hours vision HAWK on my striker yesterday. It does not have a lot of eye relief and I found it very awkward mostly due to my trigger I believe. I see the only option as being a rear grip stock for this pistol and a new trigger.

When I use the Bushnell pistol scope I have for the pistol, I find that the trigger is a little more manageable due to the angle of my hands.

I think when funds allow for me op I will switch to a Leupold scope. But we should both listen to Ernie on this one.

May re barrel later but right now ill stick with the 308 to see how it shoots. No muzzle break. Looking to shoot to 600 yards. That's all I can practice too on a regular basis.

I would not go to a rifle scope with no brake.
The Burris 3-12 LER with either BP reticle or target turrets.
I used to buy mine with BP reticle and then send it in for the target turrets to be added.
If you use the Burris Signature Zee rings you can also build some MOA in in your rings if you don't have a sloped base.

With a re-barrel later your options really open up.

Yeah I was thinking I better not try rifle scope wiyhput brake. I'm thinking of rebarrel king to 260 since I just had one built for the kids. What are your thoughts on that?

The 260 with a good brake (I like Holland's Gen 2 Radial the best) will make the recoil all but nothing and the kids will enjoy it.
If it is not going to be a mtn carry rig you might get a heavier taper also, but you will have to open your barrel channel on your forend.
The 6.5x47 Lapua would also be a great choice, and in a 15" barrel you will get close to the same performance from it as you will with the 260 Rem

Yeah I was thinking I better not try rifle scope wiyhput brake. I'm thinking of rebarrel king to 260 since I just had one built for the kids. What are your thoughts on that?

I concur with Ernie's suggestions for optics. Although most of the lower powered optics are great really, they can't be cranked above 8x.

I had a McGowen screwed onto my Sav. Super Striker, and the diameter required me to remove a lot of wood from the barrel channel. Watch the lug nut as mine bottomed out in it's recess and the gun was very inaccurate until my gunsmith shortened it.

Thanks for the replies! I think I'll go with the Burris ler but may do the 2-7 power instead. Gun came with a308 & 22-250 barrels. May sell them & rebarrel to 260.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.