Which scope for my new mountain rifle build???

Sully, I'm confused. Don't these models come with a Plex reticle? How do you know much to hold over in that case.

I dont have to worry about any "zero stop"....I use the hold over method!
Same here. Kentucky Windage with a scope. If the winds blowing a little I'll move my crosshairs a little bit off center of my target to retain my wanted shot position. :D

Check out Minox. They don't have a super long track record, but I picked one up from Cameraland on clearance. They have 5x erectors and the best eye relief I've gotten behind.

They have lots on Samplelist. Several reticle choices and lightweight. Def worth a look. I'd put them very close to the Zeiss Conquest that I've seen. Granted, I haven't shot the Zeiss, just looked through it.

The selling factor for me is the weight and UNBELIEVEABLE eye relief.

Swarovski 3.5-18x44 BT = 15.9 ounces, great glass and the ballistic turret is a bonus. Light gathering is very good for a 44mm objective. I gave one and have no regrets.

Swarovski 3.5-18x44 BT = 15.9 ounces, great glass and the ballistic turret is a bonus. Light gathering is very good for a 44mm objective. I gave one and have no regrets.

As a matter of fact I just picked one up for my upcoming Cooper. Same scope as yours with the 4W reticle so that I can hold for windage.

Looking forward to getting it and setting it up on that Cooper.

OP, looking forward to hearing what you end up with.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.