Which scope for 338 EDGE

silvercreekguide

I am buying a new scope for my 338 EDGE. The 2 that I have decided on are the Sightron SIIISS624X50LRMOA and the Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 SFP EBR-1 MOA. I am wanting to be able to shoot to 2000 yards. Will the PST have enough MOA travel with a 20 MOA base? Which one would you all choose and why?

Mike

I am buying a new scope for my 338 EDGE. The 2 that I have decided on are the Sightron SIIISS624X50LRMOA and the Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 SFP EBR-1 MOA. I am wanting to be able to shoot to 2000 yards. Will the PST have enough MOA travel with a 20 MOA base? Which one would you all choose and why?

Mike

Sightron has 100 MOA of internal adjustment and the Vortex only has 65 or 75 depending on model. I did a lot of research on this same subject not long ago. I went with the Sightron LRMD/CM model and it is working well. I wish I had gone with the MOA model in hindsight ... the mil version has the mildot setup for 24x and at that magnification they are HUGE. For the money invested the Sightron is a good scope. It has its shortcomings when stacked up against Nightforce, USO, etc etc ... but they cost triple.

My concerns with the sightron are being able to see the reticle in low light and the floating target dot. Does the dot cover a lot of the target at longer ranges?

mine is the mildot model so cant say about the floating dot. low light performance is decent, not as good as a trikicon 2.5-10x56 but close.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts