Which S/E Wy Unit for deer

Bulseyetom

I have accumulated 4 points for mule deer in Wyoming and was wondering if somebody could steer me in the right direction. I am 61 years old and am having trouble riding horseback much anymore so I have kinda given up on western and northern Wyoming. I last hunted in Unit 89 but I might be 70 years old before I get enough preference points to draw that unit again. I have been looking at Unit 60 but it seems pretty small in size. Looking at topo maps online the terrain there is very doable for me. I hunted elk in Hell's Canyon this fall and that hunt about did me in! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tom

I assume you're talking about hunting the Medicine Bow National Forest on the west side of unit 60. That is really a pretty decent amount of country, but most of it is around 8,000', so you need to be prepared for that elevation.

That is the area I am looking at. The 8000 feet doesn't bother me as you start at 7000 feet. Its when you start at 5000 feet every day and have to climb to 8000 that my old legs say enough! Do you hunt the timber or the sagebrush? Thanks. Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.