which rings and base?

grizbacker

Hi guys,

Looking for some help on what I need to mount my new scope. The rifle is a remington 700 in 300 RUM. The scope is a vortex viper HS LR 4-16x44.

My first question is about the base. I want a one piece weaver base. Should I get the 15 moa slant or the flat base? I do not plan to shoot past 1000 yards. I lean towards the 15 moa just to have the extra travel but am worried about it making the scope sit higher than it needs to, and am not sure if I even need the slant to make it to 1000 with the 300 RUM and the 75 moa that thes scope offers. Your input please.

Also, what size of the vortex tactical bases should I get? Low or Medium? Obviously I want the scope to sit as low as possible, but are the low rings going to be too low?

Thanks so much for your help!

have two Remington 700 Senderos chambered in 7mm STW with Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle scopes on each of them. The set-up I use on each of them is a 20 MOA EGW for the Picatinny rail and low Burris 30mm Tactical Rings. They seem to hold pretty well with the recoil and with the 20 MOA rail I can dial it out to over 1,000 yards if I want.

Below are a few pictures of my twin Remington 700 Sendero 7mm STW rifles with the set-up I mentioned above.

Attachments

• Twin Senderos 7mm STW_1.jpg
    Twin Senderos 7mm STW_1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Twin Senderos 7mm STW_2.jpg
    Twin Senderos 7mm STW_2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Twin Senderos 7mm STW_3.jpg
    Twin Senderos 7mm STW_3.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 59
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.