Which rifle is better

Has anyone heard anything good about the howa 1500 or had any luck with it? Them seem like high quality and they're fairly affordable.
No. I can not tell what you are shooting at. I would get a Remington 700 long range in 30-06.

All guns, factory or not are an accuracy gamble.

Great thing about a Savage is if you get dealt a bum hand, $300 will get you a new deck (barrel).

I agree. I put a new barrel on a savage today... took 10 minutes

Which one do you guys prefer for long range shooting? Remington 700
savage model 10 or howa 1500
In .308 win
Trying to stay in the 600-800$ range
Are you building a rifle off one of those actions or do you want to buy stock and go shoot LR?

I am assuming stock?

Howa's are great, really great. Not many shoot them but they are one of my favorites and I don't think they can be beat for the price for sure. Their new triggers I very nice. I love 2 stage triggers. I have never not seen one shoot well. Always under MOA, usually closer to .5-.75. Put a B&C stock on it and it will be even better. The one negative if you are really wanting top performance at distance is that I don't think they make a 24 inch barrel in .308. I tried to look online but couldn't get their spec page to pull up.

Obviously Savages are almost a no brainer for out of the box accuracy. Remingtons would be my last choice unless you can find a steal on a Milspec, LR, or sendero.

HTH,

Scot E.

You must have done it right if you took that long.:)
Yes, it takes longer to get the tools out and around than to change it out. I have been going with criterion barrels from northland but today i just put a factory barrel of a different caliber on to try out.

I agree with the savage for best out of the box accuracy. I have one and love it.. It's a 204

Thanks for all the help guys! Looks like I'll be choosing between a savage or a howa. Savage my be a little easier for me to get so that may be the one. I'll let you guys know how it does

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts