Which Rifle For Long Range Hunitng

oberg

I'm sure there is alot of these posted on here but i'm looking to save for a 7mm RUM and would like to know what would be a better rifle for longer distance hunting and shooting. gun)Remington Sendero II, Remington XHR, or The Vanguard Sub-MOA? or what other rifle that would work well. I'm looking to spend under $2k for a whole set up and less if possible:D

I have not personally used any of the rifles you ask about but I have read a review of the sendero SF II in 7RUM. The reviewer used 175 SMK and AR2218 (H50BMG i think), he was able to shoot sub 3" groups at 600 yds with it. He stated it was the most accurate factory rifle he had used.
He liked the 175 SMK because it handled the large jump to the lands because of the freebore the 7RUM has.
They took a number of deer (white tail size) out to 600 yds with it, all one shot kills.

Hope this is some help to you.

Stu.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.