Which rifle do I take to deer camp?

Timnterra

It's finally here! Deer season is this weekend and I'm not sure which rifle I should take. I just confirmed drops on my 270 loaded with 150lrab at 2800 and my 6.5 creedmoor loaded with 140 eldm at 2650 FPS. Both are dialed in out to 700yds. It doesn't really matter which one I take neither is nostalgic and I haven't killed deer with either yet. I just haven't been able to decide.

Took a deer this year for the first time with a 6.5 CM with a 140 AMax. Shot the CM for a few years now at targets but just decided to use it for deer this year. It works really well. Of course the 270 will work well, but the CM will too and with less recoil. If you haven't taken game with it yet, use it and get the stink off of it.

I'd feel comfortable with either sounds like you can make very long shots and have done your work. Good luck happy hunting

And here I was having some respect for the OP and he goes and drops a boring round like the .270 and then THE supporter cartridge aka 6.5 creedmoor on us. I say burn the rifles and bring a .375 cheytac doped out 3 miles and you should be good!

Jk...what's stopping you from bringing both? Leave one in the truck or at camp in case the other rifle has issues.

I originally said I'd lean with the 270 win. But I was taught on essential items two is one, one is none. If you can secure your backup.

It's finally here! Deer season is this weekend and I'm not sure which rifle I should take. I just confirmed drops on my 270 loaded with 150lrab at 2800 and my 6.5 creedmoor loaded with 140 eldm at 2650 FPS. Both are dialed in out to 700yds. It doesn't really matter which one I take neither is nostalgic and I haven't killed deer with either yet. I just haven't been able to decide.
The one that you have the most confidence in ! That is a big part of being successful, having confidence ! Good luck !

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts