Which Rifle do I keep

I've snagged 2 rifles this offseason, and I need to decide which one I'm going to keep going into hunting season. This rifle will be my hunting rifle around the ranch in Texas. It'll shoot deer, pigs, and turkey. It would also be my backup for the annual elk hunt, but I've got a lightweight 7mm that's my big game rifle.

Rifle 1 is proof barreled 260 built on a defiance short action. It's a 22' threaded barrel.
Rifle 2 is a brux barreled 6.5 GAP 4S built on a stiller action. It's a 26" non threaded barrel.

Pros of 260: It's about a pound lighter, factory ammo (although I'll probably end up reloading for it), it's a little shorter/maneuverable and it's threaded for my suppressor

Pros of 6.5 GAP: a 140 at 3100 fps, more range and knockdown power

I may target shoot a little, but these will primarily be hunting rifles with shots as far as 800 yards. I wish the proof barreled gun was a 6.5 gap, but it's not. Is the 6.5 GAP cartridge worth the extra weight and work with reloading?

I've snagged 2 rifles this offseason, and I need to decide which one I'm going to keep going into hunting season. This rifle will be my hunting rifle around the ranch in Texas. It'll shoot deer, pigs, and turkey. It would also be my backup for the annual elk hunt, but I've got a lightweight 7mm that's my big game rifle.

Rifle 1 is proof barreled 260 built on a defiance short action. It's a 22' threaded barrel.
Rifle 2 is a brux barreled 6.5 GAP 4S built on a stiller action. It's a 26" non threaded barrel.

Pros of 260: It's about a pound lighter, factory ammo (although I'll probably end up reloading for it), it's a little shorter/maneuverable and it's threaded for my suppressor

Pros of 6.5 GAP: a 140 at 3100 fps, more range and knockdown power

I may target shoot a little, but these will primarily be hunting rifles with shots as far as 800 yards. I wish the proof barreled gun was a 6.5 gap, but it's not. Is the 6.5 GAP cartridge worth the extra weight and work with reloading?
Help me with the concept of picking between rifles.......I don't comprehend?!?!!? Never met a rifle I shouldn't own.....and have no adult supervision in my life!!! Keep both!!

Help me with the concept of picking between rifles.......I don't comprehend?!?!!? Never met a rifle I shouldn't own.....and have no adult supervision in my life!!! Keep both!!
Lol same here, I'm almost to having to the point of having enough rifles to shoot a different one every day of the week and I can name at least 4 more that I still want

First off, decide exactly what you will be using it for, then pick the caliber best suited for your use, the barrel length and twist, with the best action and trigger available. Break in the barrel slowly, without getting it hot and clean it heavily, and often. After break-in of about 75 rounds, obtain and shoot the many Factory loadings for best results, or load as needed for the same end result-s. I also love the many types of rifles and calibers available......My downfall and am approaching the firing of 1/day for a month........

I wake up at night in a cold sweat over guns I've sold. I wonder if they are happy and if someone took my 1/2 Moa 243 and changed out it's scope or if they are using the lube it likes or if the rifle misses me as much as I miss it.

I'd cut off my trigger finger for any of my sold guns to come back to me .....

Choose wisely
Been there many times and wish I had a few back in my hands.....

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.