Which Reticle?

Ernie

SPONSOR
I have a Leupold 8.5-25 LR/T and I would like to have your opinion of which reticle you would pick between the two.
Leupold's TMR or Darrel Holland's Tactical Hunter?

333790.jpg

Can't answer your question. But looking up the scope compels me to comment on Leupolds models.
LEUPOLD® MARK 4 8.5 - 25 X 50 MM LR / T M1
What the hell is this?
Mark 4 -> MK4 ->M4 -> Not a Mark 4
LR / T -> Long range/tactical ->long range/target
M1 -> MK1 -> Mark 1 ->~M3

My favorite that I have a couple of is/was the
Vari-X 8.5 - 25 X 50 MM LR / T M1
Vari-X III -> VXIII -> No longer available in this mag?

Just seems like their charactor is slipping a bit, given a new-old model every month of the year. And since they still don't include year in the models, who knows what you end up with when ordering.

Anyway, sorry I didn't answer your question. Mine are premier reticle's med-fine crosshairs. I dial in MOA when varmint hunting. I love them. But Nightforce is looking a whole lot easier to choose now.

[ QUOTE ]
But Nightforce is looking a whole lot easier to choose now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a Mark 4 8.5-25x50mm TMR and love it, althought the other reticle looks quite interesting. I looked through a NF this past weekend. On the same power the Leupy seemed clearer to me. To each their own, but I think I'll keep my Leupies!!

XP,

I would go for the Holland personally as it is in MOA increments. Much easier to develope a drop chart for, I am sure that is why he went with this design insteads of a mil system.

Does he have these scopes ready to sell right now? If so do you have price information.

Kirby Allen(50)

Both reticles would work just fine as far as i can see. ART has 1.5 MOA stadia, and TMR is .5 mil or 1.7 MOA. The ART would probably be quicker to reference with the stadia being labeled. That's handy.

Personally i like direct windage reference in my reticles which is why i like the rapid reticle so much. Also the stadia numbers are past the "10" mph windage stadia so they won't interfere with wind dope--- BUT i don't know if they'd put it in a Leupold-- be interesting to see if they would tho-- www.rapidreticle.com

Holland\'s Tactical Hunter

I spoke with Darrell Holland this morning concerning his reticle and availability of scopes. If you have Leupold Mark 4 or Vari-X III you can send the scope to Darrell and he will convert it to the Tactical Hunter Reticle along with the software package and data cards for $375.
He also has some Leupold scopes on hand for purchase ready to go with his reticle. You will need to call for details and specific pricing. Darrel Holland's Web Page has not yet been updated with all of this information, but will be in the near future.
The shop number is (541) 439-5155
FWIW I am going to have one of those reticles on my 8.5-25 Mark 4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.