Which Remington clone stainless steel action to build ultralight REMAGE rifle?

albritt

I am gonna build my third REMAGE rifle in an ultralight platform. Previously have used Remington actions but I cant find a stainless Remington short action anywhere now so which Remington clone action should I buy?
must be a accurate Remington clone with an integral lug due to the fact that Remington aftermarket accessories are at least for now easy to acquire.
Any ideas on where to find a SS Rem short action or which clone to buy will be greatly appreciated !!!!

Titanium defiance
Titanium saves couple ounces for sure but wanna stay with stainless, Defiant stainless over Bighorn? Can't find weight specs on Stainless clone actions to compare. Guess I gotta get on the phone, was hopin someone could help me whittle it down before gettin on the phone.

Reach out to Lone Peak Arms. They have some configurations in stock. I just picked up a Fusion Ti fully nitrided that was in stock. It's smooth as butter and took a week to get instead of months. Also, I was all set to get an Anti-X but the research showed they aren't a true Rem 700 footprint which makes ordering a stock problematic.

Anti from defiance.
Yep- I just got the one I ordered a few months ago in. I got it with a standard and a magnum bolt and I'm making a switch barrel (6.5 SS and .308 win) out of it with a pair of carbon wrapped barrels I picked up around the same time.

This action has a lot of weight savings- not as much as the titanium, but it's still stainless and doesn't have quite as high of a price tag as titanium.

Reach out to Lone Peak Arms. They have some configurations in stock. I just picked up a Fusion Ti fully nitrided that was in stock. It's smooth as butter and took a week to get instead of months. Also, I was all set to get an Anti-X but the research showed they aren't a true Rem 700 footprint which makes ordering a stock problematic.
Well that's an important point!
Yep- I just got the one I ordered a few months ago in. I got it with a standard and a magnum bolt and I'm making a switch barrel (6.5 SS and .308 win) out of it with a pair of carbon wrapped barrels I picked up around the same time.

This action has a lot of weight savings- not as much as the titanium, but it's still stainless and doesn't have quite as high of a price tag as titanium.
What stock did you go with? Have you mic'd the action to see if it is in fact not rem dimensions?

I was ordering an AG Composites Alpine Hunter and saw the fine print stating if you're ordering for a Defiance call customer service because they don't fit the same as most Rem clones. I think the Anti-X would be a great choice but I'm over oddball components and sticking to Rem 700 pattern stuff for now one. Sorry I can't confidently answer your question but i do know the LPA actions are marketed as Remington compatible. Hopefully someone with more experience with Defiance will chime in.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.