Which Remington clone stainless steel action to build ultralight REMAGE rifle?

What stock did you go with? Have you mic'd the action to see if it is in fact not rem dimensions?
I went with a Manners EH6. Defiance is a Rem700 clone. It fits in stocks that are inlet for Rem700. This is my second Defiance action (my other is a Deviant) and I ordered stocks meant for Rem700 clones and have not had any issues. If there is any tweaking that needs to be done, my smith handles that when he is doing the bedding, but he has never mentioned needing to do anything crazy (he did have to slightly open the bolt handle recess on the Manners EH1 I used for the Deviant because the bolt handle was a touch wider than a standard Rem action).

Reach out to Lone Peak Arms. They have some configurations in stock. I just picked up a Fusion Ti fully nitrided that was in stock. It's smooth as butter and took a week to get instead of months. Also, I was all set to get an Anti-X but the research showed they aren't a true Rem 700 footprint which makes ordering a stock problematic.
I ordered a manners for a rem 700 long action BDL, then decided to go custom action and got the defiance anTI action. The ONLY thing that isn't a perfect fit is the ejection port, as seen here, which is only appearance, it does not hinder function or fit, and can be cleaned up easily.
20201208_204408.jpg

Last edited:
I was ordering an AG Composites Alpine Hunter and saw the fine print stating if you're ordering for a Defiance call customer service because they don't fit the same as most Rem clones. I think the Anti-X would be a great choice but I'm over oddball components and sticking to Rem 700 pattern stuff for now one. Sorry I can't confidently answer your question but i do know the LPA actions are marketed as Remington compatible. Hopefully someone with more experience with Defiance will chime in.
I agree I am also over it

**** Remington for allowing Sorros money in the works. I have used Rem receivers twice in Remage builds and now that's over with.

**** Remington for allowing Sorros money in the works. I have used Rem receivers twice in Remage builds and now that's over with.
Well, the defiance anTI will drop in any remington inlet just fine. Even the bolt stop is above the stock line, many customs need material removed to allow for the bolt stop, not these. They drop in.

I ordered a manners for a rem 700 long action BDL, then decided to go custom action and got the defiance anTI action. The ONLY thing that isn't a perfect fit it the ejection port, as seen here, which is only appearance, it does not hinder function or fit, and can be cleaned up easily. View attachment 233316
That looks like a model 7 config?

That looks like a model 7 config?
No, it's a Manners EH-1 inletter for a left handed Remington 700 long action. The action is a Defiance anTI left handed long action.
Does a standard Remington 700
action wrench fit the Anti properly?
Yes. The other thing with custom actions, is they are all built precise enough that you don't need a remage. You can just buy a shouldered prefit barrel and it will headspace properly, just torque it down and your gtg.

Cheaper barrels.
That is a fair point on remages. Shouldered pre fits for defiance that I have seen start around $500 or so and go up. I know McGowen has a good price on pre fits, but I don't see many of the custom actions available yet. I wonder if you called them if they would make one? They offer them for ruger m77's, mausers, and a few others, I bet they would make as many or more for defiance, stiller, zermat, bat, and so on.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts