Which Range Finding Binos?

Buy once, cry once - they should last you the rest of your life. I've had my Swarovski EL range 10X42 for 6 years and like my brother who lost his in a fire bought another pair as soon as he got his insurance check

Is that the 3000BDX? was it a demo or what? did you actually range that picture?
just curious.
It will hit almost any target 3k+, but goes past 4k with ease.
Still has all the previous features of the Kilo rangefinders to include 4 readings per second, auto brightness, AMR, LOS, etc. Also has Applied Ballistics Ultralight which gives you your correction out to 800 yards, and links to a kestrel 5700 for correction to as far as you can range.
I mostly run it linked to the Sierra3 BDX scope and it is spot on.
Ben

Attachments

• 20181129_200917.jpg
    20181129_200917.jpg
    730.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 20190109_124919.jpg
    20190109_124919.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Leica 10X42 HD-Bs here. Upgraded from the 1st generation Geovids. Without a doubt the best piece of hunting equipment I've ever purchased. I have cheap friends and after using my Geovids they each have a set now.

Buy once, cry once - they should last you the rest of your life. I've had my Swarovski EL range 10X42 for 6 years and like my brother who lost his in a fire bought another pair as soon as he got his insurance check
I have owned them they are great, BUT they don't go out far enough!
I have had them, Geovids regular and HDB's, the Fury from Vortex, and now for distance run a Vectronix.

How would you stack the glass up compared to any of those. on this new unit?

I will give my .02 which most likely does not align with most. The only reason I see to have an expensive nice pair of binos is to glass longer distances from a bipod. I do not believe you can hand hold and really see the difference the nice glass has to offer. So it really needs a tripod stud mount. As far as a rangefinder with the availability today I can not see the point of owning one without top of the line ballistic software in it unless you will only be bow hunting. Having said that there is nothing currently on the market which will do everything well. The newest Swaro is the closest but will not allow the addition of a stud.

It is HD glass with basically the same prescription as the newer Zulu 5. No, it is not the same as our Zulu9, Leica ultravid HD, or swarovski EL. It is amazing though for a $1200 pair of rangefinding binos with an Applied Ballistics based solver!
I will say that the glass/prescription is definitely better than my 11 year old pair of Leica Ultravid(non-HD) binos.
For what it's worth, 90% of users cannot tell the difference between a very good HD glass/prescription and a great HDX glass/prescription, which is what you are comparing when you get into the upper levels of optics.

It is HD glass with basically the same prescription as the newer Zulu 5. No, it is not the same as our Zulu9, Leica ultravid HD, or swarovski EL. It is amazing though for a $1200 pair of rangefinding binos with an Applied Ballistics based solver!
I will say that the glass/prescription is definitely better than my 11 year old pair of Leica Ultravid(non-HD) binos.
For what it's worth, 90% of users cannot tell the difference between a very good HD glass/prescription and a great HDX glass/prescription, which is what you are comparing when you get into the upper levels of optics.
Truly appreciate the info.
I know the difference in glass. when your looking at ground hogs or rather scanning the field for them at 2000+ yards good glass is a big big help. I don't really need the program I use my own stuff. Currently running SLC15X bino's and using a Vectronix rangefinder.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.