Which Range Finding Binos?

I'd have to say the leicas are top of the line. I love th. I hunt with a retired zeiss rep. Every year and can tell you I like the glass better. And ranging is second to none. Now if you compare mid day my eyes seem to think the leicas seem darker than others but as the daylight gets low they really shine. They were the only ones able to clearly see the rack on a buck I took.
I have not impaired to swaro but I was told they use the same range finding stuff as Leica if so it would be a great pair.
I also have dug up on the internet's that Leica works with vertronics on the terrapin. Is so I'd imagine the glass is Leica and possibly the ranging stuff comes from terrapin. Just my assumption though. Either way they are great. My original geovids were Awsome. Just ordered a new 3000 pair today.

Wait till you have an issue that requires Leica's customer service and you'll be sorry that you chose them.

Do a search here

Wait till you have an issue that requires Leica's customer service and you'll be sorry that you chose them.

Do a search here
I have had outstanding customer service with Leica. If your having problems please contact Hamilton as he is very helpful.

Corey

Last edited:
I have had outstanding customer service with Leica. If your having problems please contact Hamilton as he is very helpful.

Corey

Glad to hear they were good to you but I had the worst experience begining with "Roxanne" in NJ and ending by me getting rid of my Geovid's and buying Swarovski....I will NEVER buy Leica ever again.

Search here for several Leica horror stories

Do a search here

I feel like this is the same bad rap that Nikon was said to have. Yet I had no issues with Leica. I jumped out of a truck and they went lense down in a rock. They are very easy I work with as far a service.
Same for my several experiences with Nikon. If you search you can find bad stories about all brands. Very situational.
I'd wouldand did buy another Leica. All my range finding stuff is Leica and tough as nails. My 1600b looks like I drag it by a string behind my truck to go hunt still works flawless.

I feel like this is the same bad rap that Nikon was said to have. Yet I had no issues with Leica. I jumped out of a truck and they went lense down in a rock. They are very easy I work with as far a service.
Same for my several experiences with Nikon. If you search you can find bad stories about all brands. Very situational.
I'd wouldand did buy another Leica. All my range finding stuff is Leica and tough as nails. My 1600b looks like I drag it by a string behind my truck to go hunt still works flawless.

I don't doubt you brother, I just posted my experience with them.

I don't ever remember reading a bad one about Swarovski but like I said before if you do a search here there are lots of bad stories about Leica.

That said, I do think that they make an incredible product but they lost me forever as a customer because of the way they treated me personally

I don't doubt you brother, I just posted my experience with them.

I don't ever remember reading a bad one about Swarovski but like I said before if you do a search here there are lots of bad stories about Leica.

That said, I do think that they make an incredible product but they lost me forever as a customer because of the way they treated me personally

I understand that. I think every company has that at some point. I was indeed worried by some of the stories but mine was fine. I looked at the swaro's also they were very nice.

Leica HD-B 3000 10x42 hands down best in class over swaro (which ive actually owned)

from what ive seen and heard ….problems with warranty usually arise when someone isn't 100% honest with what happened and how the optic came to be damaged or whatever..

I've heard the same thing about night force but can vouche for their 100% satisfaction in warranty department even though ive heard "horror" stories about them,,, when I needed a warranty done on an item due to shooter negligence told em the truth, had it fixed and back in my hands in a week!

Lol I had the same with Nikon. I ran over an I'll placed rifle case and it damaged the scope. I sent it back and told them what's happened and asked if they can help me. They sent me a brand new one.

Leica HD-B 3000 10x42 hands down best in class over swaro (which ive actually owned)

from what ive seen and heard ….problems with warranty usually arise when someone isn't 100% honest with what happened and how the optic came to be damaged or whatever..

I've heard the same thing about night force but can vouche for their 100% satisfaction in warranty department even though ive heard "horror" stories about them,,, when I needed a warranty done on an item due to shooter negligence told em the truth, had it fixed and back in my hands in a week!

Wait until something goes wrong and you need them fixed;)

Wait until something goes wrong and you need them fixed;)

not worried about it all actually!! I know a couple people personally that have had to ship stuff back to them for minor stuff with now problems at all …..like I said earlier its all in how its handled from the party thats doing the sending in!!!

not worried about it all actually!! I know a couple people personally that have had to ship stuff back to them for minor stuff with now problems at all …..like I said earlier its all in how its handled from the party thats doing the sending in!!!

Well, I was the "Party that's doing the sending in" so I know that I did everything that I was supposed to do and I got totally SCREWED by Leica.

Not sure what you meant by that but I assure you that I wasn't treated properly for a guy who spent 2 G's on a product and respectfully requested service.

Do a search here
Yes, they had my binos for 5 months during which time I never got a call or email returned, was never able to contact a person, then they showed up on my door one day.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.