Which range finder?

joseph

Which rangefinder will range a deer at 1000+ yards with slope? Which one does the experienced long range hunters use?

I see that The Bushnell 1000 w/ arc will only range a deer at 300 yards, but trees up to 1000 yards. What do you do if there are no trees?

I have never used one and am planning a Pronghorn hunt next fall and would like to shoot one out to 1000 yards.

joseph

I say get a swarovski and don't look back. I have one and have ranged antelope with it to just over 1000 yards. It will not calculate for the slope but, that is easy enough to do with a good ballistics program like exbal.

Mudbug

Go to Cabela's, in the bargin cave. I got a Swaro for $700. Buy one of these if you can. I was told they use the Swaro for sniping over seas.

Tank

a Zeiss will range out to 1200 yards it also has the a ballistic program in the range finder much like what they use on their scopes.

one more thing the objective lens is 25mm or 26mm and has 8x lens

Joseph, I used many different maker of range finders before. I'm settled with Zeiss Victory T PRF range finder now for long range hunting. It's very clear and can measure over 1000 yards with ease. Good luck on finding your own range finder.

WizardM

Joseph, I used many different maker of range finders before. I'm settled with Zeiss Victory T PRF range finder now for long range hunting. It's very clear and can measure over 1000 yards with ease. Good luck on finding your own range finder.

WizardM

Will it range a deer at 1000 + yards? Its technical description says only 500 yards for a deer.

joseph

Will it range a deer at 1000 + yards? Its technical description says only 500 yards for a deer.

joseph

Forget the Leica, I've owned them and under bright sunny condition sometimes 600 yards is hard to get with them. The Swarovski will do it to 1000 yards in the bright sun. The Zeiss is also an option, but my experience with them is limited.

joseph

i also own the new zeiss rf, i have ranged a cow (beef) at 1230 yards in the sun. the focus ring is also nice, it will only range to 1500 yards doesnt matter on the conditions, ( sun, cloudy) but quicker readings then the swaro, but does give up distance. good luck

i also own the new zeiss rf, i have ranged a cow (beef) at 1230 yards in the sun. the focus ring is also nice, it will only range to 1500 yards doesnt matter on the conditions, ( sun, cloudy) but quicker readings then the swaro, but does give up distance. good luck

Which new zeiss rf model do you have? :D

Thanks,

joseph

Do NOT get a Bushnell. My 1500 ARC would only do sub-700 yds on an elk and 850 yds on trees last year. This year I took both mine and my buddy's (same model, purchased the same time) and while mine still does those same numbers his gets 770 yds on antelope and 1050 yds on trees reliably.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.