which powders

Made some progress today, loaded a few rounds 3 each at 60,60.5,61,61.5,62,62.5& 63 grains of 7828ssc and the 210 bergers just barely touchin the lands( lands just make the smallest mark in the dry erase marker on my dummy round) got targets set up at 200,300,400 600 and 800(< can go to 880 after some brush clearing) the 4 6 and 800 yarders are across our lake and can do the 800 across land or water....

Enjoying the 7828 so far? How did it shoot?

I haven't been able to shoot in 3 weeks...**** rain every friggin weekend. Welcome to springtime in Alabama...

I usually shoot every weekend, sometimes both Sat & Sun afternoons...Starting to get trigger itch. LOL

Enjoying the 7828 so far? How did it shoot?

I haven't been able to shoot in 3 weeks...**** rain every friggin weekend. Welcome to springtime in Alabama...

I usually shoot every weekend, sometimes both Sat & Sun afternoons...Starting to get trigger itch. LOL

Never got to squeeze the trigger yesterday, on top of the rest of the stuff we also built a home made pontoon, which will serve dual purpose, bass fishin on our 22 1/2 acre lake and a floating shooting platform for alil extra challange on the 800 yard target....

This is the only pic of the boat ive got but will probly get more today, as well as squeezin off a few rounds nice and slow....

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140419_075445.png
    ForumRunner_20140419_075445.png
    595.2 KB · Views: 45
Got some rounds on paper Saturday just before dark...didn't get any pics but as powder increased, groups shrunk drastically. Went from 6 inches to touchin, 63 grains made one ragged hole at 230 yards and no pressure signs at all so I'm tryin to decide if I should just take it and run or keep bumping till I get pressure and back it off a half? Didn't get to check drops at the 4-700 yard targets yet either....

Was kinda funny, you could plainly see the velocity increase as I just used one target , shot a 3 shot group of the hsm 168 bergers I'd been running to foul and held the same poa for the rest of the shootin. The 168 were 3 inch high the rest slowly worked their way from a 6 inch group 8 inches low to one ragged hole 2 inches high....

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.