Which powder .338 lapua improved

From my testing RL26 and H1000 are good for the 250-285 class bullets but the SD and ES seemed to shrink with Retumbo. Especially with the 300 gr. Bullets which I use.
I haven't used RL25 , but would like too some day.

I would use whatever powder you can get. Like I posted earlier Retumbo for me, but with it being hard to find I'm using LRT, and when I need superior loads I just shoot my Retumbo loads. I don't like the dirty RL33 and N570 powder, makes me have to clean more and I'm lazy.

338 Allen Xpress (338 Lapua Ackley Improved) with 26" barrel. I found RL33 gave me the best velocity with a really good node shootin 300 gr. Bergers over 104 gr. of RL33 It's a warm load but groups fantastic.

The place I frequent has retumbo sometimes. I have plenty of rl26-33 so I was hoping to get a decent load with those. Mainly simplify my life. I don't need peak performance out of this one. Just thinking being I'm seating the bullet deep for mag use I'll run out of room with 33. So 26 is probably my next go to.

338 Allen Xpress (338 Lapua Ackley Improved) with 26" barrel. I found RL33 gave me the best velocity with a really good node shootin 300 gr. Bergers over 104 gr. of RL33 It's a warm load but groups fantastic.
Is this mag length? Or better way to ask if the bullet into the powder space or just in the neck. My brothers improved holds a good amount more than that of 33 with a 300gr mono but it's single shot and bullet is out only in neck maybe that is where the extra space comes from. Or he has a larger spec maybe both.

CIP length magazine (I think 4.1"). Bullet boattail protrudes just a little below the junction of neck and where shoulder starts. Base of bullet might be touhing powder column, but not sure. My load development went up to 106 gr., but velocity curve began to flatten out, so dropped back to 104 gr. With 26" barrel, average MV is 2,975 fps.

On my 338 AX, 27" bbl, loaded Mag length (BTO 2.930") I had to use H1000 for 250 Accubond. RL33 worked great for the 300 SMK, H1000 provided more with the lighter bullet. Will have to look at notes for exact charge, but 104.? RL33 300 SMK = 2950fps with 5" @ 1k, 104.? H1000 250 AB = 3200fps staying under .5 moa at 1k.

Remember Hammer bullets like a little faster powder, so not sure that I'd look at anything slower than H1000.

Ok, so I have a 24" lapua improved 40 shoulder.
Here is my question. I am gonna load the 249gr hammer deadblow bullet into this one. Since it's a 24" barrel I'm not looking for max distance 300gr as I have better rifles for that.
I did all my fireforming with a full case of rl33 because I have plenty of that. Used a generic Hornady 250gr bullet.
Now I clearly added more case to add more powder. But I'm also gonna use a longer bullet. Plus I want to keep this a repeater. So mag length keeps the bullet into the cases not. I know I'm gonna end with a full case and am gonna still try rl33 first. But what are my other options or where would you start if you were me?
My thought was I may need a more dense powder. But would love to run rl33.
Also with the short barrel I may want a bit faster.
I'm open for ideas.
I have more rl26 than I need but also feed a bunch with it. Have no other use for the rl33 hence wanting to use it.
I also have a pound of rl25 which may be perfect but again 1 lbs doesn't last long with burning over 100gr at a time. I have a fair amount of other options.
What would you try if it was yours. I'm gonna run a ladder today with rl33 and see where it pressures. See if my improved made enough room or not.
But as you all know always looking for the next best thing. Given my combo am I overlooking a better powder?
Thanks.
I have used RL33 for 8 years now in my 338 LM with 300 grain Bergers, very accurate and great velocity, it has been my go to powder. I'm sure it will work for you very well. An alternative I found and tested is VhitaVouri N570, it brought my velocity up slightly and groups just as good. My Quickload shows both right where they tested too. I have been running the N570 in my 6.5 PRC with great results as well. I don't know which is best, RL33 has proven to work consistently for over 800 rounds, and N570 tested well in my 338, works consistently well in my 6.5 PRC.

Ok, so I have a 24" lapua improved 40 shoulder.
Here is my question. I am gonna load the 249gr hammer deadblow bullet into this one. Since it's a 24" barrel I'm not looking for max distance 300gr as I have better rifles for that.
I did all my fireforming with a full case of rl33 because I have plenty of that. Used a generic Hornady 250gr bullet.
Now I clearly added more case to add more powder. But I'm also gonna use a longer bullet. Plus I want to keep this a repeater. So mag length keeps the bullet into the cases not. I know I'm gonna end with a full case and am gonna still try rl33 first. But what are my other options or where would you start if you were me?
My thought was I may need a more dense powder. But would love to run rl33.
Also with the short barrel I may want a bit faster.
I'm open for ideas.
I have more rl26 than I need but also feed a bunch with it. Have no other use for the rl33 hence wanting to use it.
I also have a pound of rl25 which may be perfect but again 1 lbs doesn't last long with burning over 100gr at a time. I have a fair amount of other options.
What would you try if it was yours. I'm gonna run a ladder today with rl33 and see where it pressures. See if my improved made enough room or not.
But as you all know always looking for the next best thing. Given my combo am I overlooking a better powder?
Thanks.
Where are you located. I have an unopened pound of RL25 if you need it. Also in Michigan

I just saw you are in Spring Lake, I'm south of Grand Rapids. I know where there is quite a bit of powder in stock not far from me. Do either of you guys shoot at MTC?
I know which place that is just was grabbing some today. Lol
Good place I keep it a secret!
I do not I have a private range that's 400 yards. Every now and again I get to go shoot with a friend that has a airfield so we can get out to a mile.