Which pack?

Here's the cold hard truth...there's no such thing as a comfortable pack. I would personally look at packs that are the lightest, with the most padding in the shoulders and most support/padding on the waist strap. You want a pack that puts the majority of the weight on the hips and not the shoulders/upper back. I like the eberlestock gunslinger II, but I also know there are more comfortable packs out there.

Even though I'm a Mystery Ranch/Dana Design die hard user, I completely agree with 300, once you get north of 65 lbs. none of them are comfortable IMHO! I think some of them just carry the weight better & might not feel as bad. But I've never had a comfortable pack on with a lot of weight.

Even though I'm a Mystery Ranch/Dana Design die hard user, I completely agree with 300, once you get north of 65 lbs. none of them are comfortable IMHO! I think some of them just carry the weight better & might not feel as bad. But I've never had a comfortable pack on with a lot of weight.
I will say I have had packs that I couldn't get the weight secure or tight against my body. Swinging weight is way worse than tight weight!!

Guys I have 2 packs..and I wouldn't say I'm overly pleased with either one.
I have the dwight schuh pack from cabelas..uncomfortable for me

Then I have a kifaru..much more comfortable however still heavier than other packs ..

What do yall use and recommend
I run the new Kuiu pack - I have a 3600 and then picked up a 7200 bag that I can swap out. It is super light and has worked awesome so far.

Sky Tallus 6900

Hiked 12 miles to get to this lake to be picked up. Weighed pack at base camp, 85#. Man did that Kokanee beer taste good.

SG.JPG

Another guy that knows what he's talking about...that makes three(?) of us? Don't waste your Time, Body, or Money...just buy a Stone Glacier!

i sure wish i could try one of these out to see it is better than my MR pack. i'm going on a backpack hunt in 2 months. it'd need to be in the neighborhood of 6500 cu. in. tho.

i sure wish i could try one of these out to see it is better than my MR pack. i'm going on a backpack hunt in 2 months. it'd need to be in the neighborhood of 6500 cu. in. tho.

do you need my shipping address to ship it to me?;) i'd like to try it, but can't justify spending that kind of money at my age.

do you need my shipping address to ship it to me?;) i'd like to try it, but can't justify spending that kind of money at my age.
You can look at online Forums like Rokslide for sales, or people selling theirs. If you have Facebook (which I know many don't), there are several forums to find Stone Glacier packs 👍🏻

I use the Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900. l have hauled a front and hindquarter from an elk on it at the same time. I put the hind quarter inside and the front quarter on the outside and I was more worried about me holding up than the pack. It actually made it not so bad but it was super heavy! I hate having all the little pockets all over the place on packs. It seems like whatever I am looking for is in the last pocket that I search. The Stone Glacier is more to my liking.

I use the Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900. l have hauled a front and hindquarter from an elk on it at the same time. I put the hind quarter inside and the front quarter on the outside and I was more worried about me holding up than the pack. It actually made it not so bad but it was super heavy! I hate having all the little pockets all over the place on packs. It seems like whatever I am looking for is in the last pocket that I search. The Stone Glacier is more to my liking.
Another guy that KNOWS! Just get a Stone Glacier and be HAPPY!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.