Which outdoor print magazines do you read?

I used to read Precision Shooting, but alas they are no more :( , october was their last month. It was my favorite magazine in print with very informal articles.

I'd like to get a feel for what you guys read these days.

I read very few if any gun mags anymore as I find them to be mostly a joke. I do kinda like Rifle and Handloader, but have not bought an issue in years.

Now days I read Field & Stream, and Outdoor Life regularly, plus Fly Rod & Reel and Eastern Flyfishing & Fly Tyer. I'll probably renew my subscription of Precision Shooting after letting it drop again. It's the only gun mag worth te paper it's printed upon, and even it's gone south over the last few years.
gary

I used to read them all but eventually determined that rifle reviews were little more than a boys club. These days, if I want to know about something, I go straight to the consumer.

I read Handloader and Rifle religiously. I also subscribe to Outdoor Life and Sports Afield but I take those to work and leave them in the cafateria for others to read.

I subscribe to Guns, Rifle shooter, Guns & Ammo, Shooting Times, Field and Stream, and get North American Hunter and American Hunter as I am a Life Member in North American Hunting Club and the NRA. I read them all.

I sometimes break down and buy a Shotgun News, but I try to avoid it as it alwyas leads to trouble.....

My only magazine subscription is to Gray's. It is non-technical and literary in focus, which I enjoy more than I used to. I used to read Field & Stream and Outdoor Life a lot and Sports Afield when I could. I haven't read Sports Afield in quite some time but I've been disappointed the last few times I've read F&S or OL. They both have gone to such ad and illustration heavy formats that I don't enjoy them as much. The technical advice they do give anymore comes across often as biased or just incorrect. I don't wish to sit here and bash them. I just don't enjoy either of them as much as I used to. I enjoy the story telling in Gray's as well as their unrivaled photo essays. For more technical information I turn more and more to books that treat a subject in more depth and websites like this one.

My only magazine subscription is to Gray's. It is non-technical and literary in focus, which I enjoy more than I used to. I used to read Field & Stream and Outdoor Life a lot and Sports Afield when I could. I haven't read Sports Afield in quite some time but I've been disappointed the last few times I've read F&S or OL. They both have gone to such ad and illustration heavy formats that I don't enjoy them as much. The technical advice they do give anymore comes across often as biased or just incorrect. I don't wish to sit here and bash them. I just don't enjoy either of them as much as I used to. I enjoy the story telling in Gray's as well as their unrivaled photo essays. For more technical information I turn more and more to books that treat a subject in more depth and websites like this one.

I love the artwork in Gray's. Their photographry is outstanding
gary

I read Handloader and Rifle religiously. I also subscribe to Outdoor Life and Sports Afield but I take those to work and leave them in the cafateria for others to read.
Its tough to find one I really like these days, but I buy them to leave at work if I don't its all womens magazines. I fill up a grocery sack and take them in. Within the pile around my chair currently; Predator Extreme, Hunting Fool, all the Buckmasters their phone guys are the best I always have a good chat with them when they call and end up subscribing, Handloader, Rifle, Elk Hunter, Hunting Illustrated, Dangerous Game, others if a title catches my attention. You have to mine a lot of gravel for a few nuggets. I buy them cause I like it that stores still carry them, and they seem to be well appreciated by the men in waiting rooms.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.