which one should i get

Dead Beat

ok i looking for my next rifle to buy im looking at a rifle in 300 win. mag right now its between the weatherby mark v and remington sendero right now im leaning towards' the sendero . i have a LSS in 300 rum but would like a 300 win mag for the reason there alot more ammo and load's to chose from . i dont reload at least not yet that will come in about 2 year's just before i retire

Jim

I agree with the above...also it would be in your BEST interest to step up the reloading schedule if at all possible. If you have a freind who is set up to reload all you would need is a set of dies and you are on your way. Then you can see what items you like/need and what you don't like; saves lots in the long run. AND, contrary to popular belief, reloading does not save money...it lets you shoot more for what you spend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. Along with MANY other real benifits.

Good luck!!!

I am not trying to stomp on anyones feet but the mark5 is a crappy gun. Take the accumark for example. Good stock, Good barrel but you still have that crappy action.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif looks like it gonna be the sendero been wanting one for awhile anyway i can get one on gunbroker at a good price

Jim

I am going to vote for the wby accumark it seems to be unpopular but the wby action is strong the down fall is most smiths hate the mutible lug design. But the remington is no fine form of beauty its self. They usually need work like most factory actions to get them right. I would say Tikka but they took the short barrel cough that most companies have weatherby seams to be the only 26 you can find these days. If I could find a Tikka contenential hunter built on the 695 action I would go that way for sure. Accuflite may have one or two still around and they made them in 300WM to me this is one of the best factory guns ever made for the money I have fired many many Tikkas and they all shot good most very good. If you like controlled feed I would look hard at CZ-USA. They are putting out some real accurate rifles these days.
Just my two cents worth, anyway.

Good luck with your choice,
Rh

i have no experience with the accumark. but i have three senderos ; two in 300 win. they all shoot good to great. i have not shot anything with factory ammo since my first deer in 1967. i am shooting factory 180 triple shocks this fall for elk . they shot in the low and high threes with my sendero. the accumark is a lot more money.

[ QUOTE ]
I am not trying to stomp on anyones feet but the mark5 is a crappy gun. Take the accumark for example. Good stock, Good barrel but you still have that crappy action.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with screech,wildcat and catshooter on this one, great to find a bit of common ground that most can agree upon.
UB

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.