Which once-fired headstamp do I keep?

megastink

I've got a TON of .270 Win brass from my days of shooting factory ammo. I've got roughly 60 pieces of each once fired Winchester, Remington, Federal brass and Federal Nickel plated. I only want to keep ONE group of 60, and naturally want to keep the best one. Any insight would be helpful. Thank you in advance!

Why not work with one type and just keep the others on the side?
No joke. We're talking less than 200 pieces of brass. Pack them in a gallon ziplock and put it on the shelf, it's worth $100+ retail if you had to re-buy those new because you got rid of them.

Heck, experiment with them. Shoot the same charge weights in each and see what the velocity difference is.

Last edited:
Depending on age, either Win or Rem.
The recent lots of Winchester brass have been junk in my opinion.

I have always found Remington brass very good once prepped properly.
That's all I use in my Dad's 270 Ruger 77 tang safety I bought and restored for his 70th 6 years ago, on their 10th loading and going strong.

Cheers.

Depending on age, either Win or Rem.
The recent lots of Winchester brass have been junk in my opinion.

I have always found Remington brass very good once prepped properly.
That's all I use in my Dad's 270 Ruger 77 tang safety I bought and restored for his 70th 6 years ago, on their 10th loading and going strong.

Cheers.
My experience with Rem 260 brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.