Which Nightforce

How is the tracking of the Mark 5 compared to Nightforce?
tracking in them is good. Mk5's are no slouch in any aspect. NF durability IMO is tough to beat but it comes at the cost of added weight. Lotta folks using both optics with great success. Don't think you u can go wrong with any of them. ATACR is a great optic, I wouldn't put it on the same level as NX8 or the Mk5HD. ATACR is a step above both of them IMO and is of course reflected in the price.

If I wasn't concerned with weight, I'd go ATACR, if I was looking for a LW hunting rifle optic, I'd run a MK5.

Last edited:
My wife had no eye box problem today with the NX8 2-20. Man I'm so blessed.

Attachments

• 32114133-DEB4-4407-B733-AB31E2156647.jpeg
    32114133-DEB4-4407-B733-AB31E2156647.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 83
Its a preferred barrel carbon wrapped 6.5 cm. Its a great set up well balanced with ultra 7.
Just ordered my second preferred barrel blank carbon barrel. My first is still waiting for it's stock.
How has your barrel performed? I won't lie I am way nervous to spend that amount of money on brand I don't know very well. My gunsmith likes them and they are Utah based was the decision maker for me. They are making me a 30 Nosler.

All of my hunting scope choices are based on:
- Durability
- Twilight capability
- Tracking
- Low weight

Scopes that have checked all those boxes under $3k:
- Vortex Razor AMG
- Zeiss V4 6-24x50
- Zeiss V6 5-30x50
- NF NX8 4-32 SFP

The AMG has not underperformed in any situation. All are situated in Spuhr rings, and have been heavily abused across the country. There are no durability issues with three of them on magnums so far. The only thing I might disagree with is its FFP and they are a little light on elevation range for ELR cartridges.

Don't be pizzed: the Zeiss are my favorite scope to look through whether I'm banging steel during the day or dropping big bucks in the deepest twilight hours. They are just brighter than the rest of the listed above. I don't know how they did it, but their brighter. They have flawless tracking, they're light, and they have taken as much a beating as the AMGs have. I'm a self-aware scope snob, and the Zeiss are my favorite hunting rifle. With both Zeiss models, at 16x, I can still see my reticle and object shapes, including antlers within the last 3 minutes of twilight. Only issue is with the crippled elevation adjustment range of the V6 5-30 (60 moa); however, inside 1200 yards that scope will lob it in with pinpoint accuracy. Not an issue with the V4 6-24 with 80 moa of gain.

The NX8 SFP is great in almost all areas with the exception in twight conditions. Anything over 16x in the last 10 minutes of light is unusable to my eye. The last 5 minutes of light I cannot see anything with discernment. Regarding the eyebox, I've never understood this complaint. First, if diligence is used correctly setting up the diopter to your eye, the eyebox is not a realistic issue. Second, if the shooter is firing at targets requiring over 25x, then great care in their setup behind the scope for the shot is required anyways.
For what it's worth the Zeiss V4 is also my favorite hunting scope. I have replaced a NF, a leupold and a vortex. All those rifles have Zeiss V4 scopes now. Not as knowledgeable on scopes as many of you but that's the one I like.

Zeiss V4 is a great scope. I've got to use a few of them setting up guns for people. You'll be happy with a preferred barrel! If your not call Dylan and he'll make it right. I believe his contour is perfect. It's between a sendero lite and regular sendero.

I went with the ATACR 5-25x56 F2 with MOAR-T as well as 1.125" 6 screw rings with level.

Crossing my fingers I like it! LOL