Which Nightforce reticle?

Delta Hunter

I keep trying to talk myself out of this cause it probably wouldn't be the best decision I've ever made as far as spending money is concerned, but I've got the itch to buy a Nightforce scope for my .300 Win Mag (Lilja barrel) Sako 75 and was wondering what reticle to get. I hunt whitetail deer out to 500, maybe 600 yards. I also shoot for fun and would like to extend my range out to 800 yards and maybe beyond. I'm thinking the 3.5-15x50 would be my best option. What reticle should I get? Thanks in advance.

BTW, I got a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 on it right now, not that that's important.

I use Nightforces a lot, you will not regret spending the money once the scope is on your rifle. Nightforce has two excellent hunting reticles, the NPR-2 and a newer one that might be called the NPR-1. The NPR-2 has two minute hashmarks, the newer reticle is apparently similar but the marks are in one minute spacings. I obviously haven't shot the one minute spacing reticle yet - but I expect it would be better than my NPR-2's for finer holdoffs.
Go for it, you will enjoy the scope a whole bunch.

I would tell you to go with the NP-R2 or R1. either reticle is great and both of them allow you judge your own misses with great ease as well as compensate for drop and drift.

We stock lots of them so if you have a question give me or Bill Bailey a call at 1-800-522-3314, I am steve

take it easy
steve

Well Steve, I've got the funds, but I'm still debating whether this is something I should be spending money on. I've got a son in private school and that's not inexpensive. If I decide to go forward with it, I'll call. Thanks.

I have that same scope for sale (3.5 to 15 with 50mm nxs) with butler creeks and the npr2 reticle that i will sell you for 975$ shipped. I own several of these scope but cant hunt big game in Idaho with them due to the illuminated reticle. Let me know its in excellent shape. Mark
[email protected]

Though they are not necessary for long range hunting I guarantee you that if you buy on NF scope you will never want to shoot through anything else again, and that is coming from a 14 year Leup only fan. They are amazing machines and they are worth every penny. Where ever you get one if you do you will be very happy

steve

I have NPR2 reticules in all my NF scopes and am send everyone back to have the NPR1 put in them. The NPR1 just allows you to do some things better than the NPR2.

Shawn,

How much do they charge for this? And how long does it take? I'm thinking I'd like to do this with mine also. I tried to e-mail Nightforce, but they don't seem to want to write back.

Thanks

Devin

They charge $120 including the return shipping. Turnaround time is about two weeks. They are excellent on customer service.

I'm with Shawn, my stock of NF going back for the NPR1 retrofit!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.