Which Nightforce reticle?

my82cam

I am buying a new nsx 5.5-22x56 in the next week or so to go on my 300WM. I am trying to decide on which reticle to buy. I like the MOAR or the MOAR T. I do like a thin reticle but am concerned it may be too thin to see in the woods or could easily be lost? Don't have plans to shoot past 1000 yards but things change. Does anybody have some advice or experience between the 2?

For hunting you want the MOAR. I have two ACTARS &4 NXS with the MOAR. Don't forget the Zerostop!

I have both and hunt with both. I prefer the MOAR T. The bracketed floating cross really helps me in low light even with the illumination off. On my ATACR with MOART and the new digilum where the cross only illuminates this is an awesome option for the last n]light shots. We used it just last week.

Jeff

Does the 56mm offer much gain over the 50mm? I currently have the blue diamond and has the 50mm, I would like to use my same mounts but if the 56 makes that much of a difference, I will get that one.

Does the 56mm offer much gain over the 50mm? I currently have the blue diamond and has the 50mm, I would like to use my same mounts but if the 56 makes that much of a difference, I will get that one.

I have owned both , I usually go for the 56 but doubt you could see a difference.

Jeff

I was checking out the nxs 3.5-15x50 with the LV.5 reticle this past Friday. It's not the same reticle you're asking about, but I thought it was very thin too. Is the LV.5 thinner than ones you're interested in? The LV.5 seems to me like it has too much going on for hunting.

I live in Hendersonville. There is a "dealer" 40-50 minutes away but last time I was there, they didn't have any in stock. I do not like a busy reticle either, nice and simple.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.