WHICH nightforce nxs NEED HELP, OR ANY OTHER SCOPE

Adam sako memon

which nxs nightforce scope would be best for hunting deer/large game and targets at 1000yards +/- for moa and magnification, clearness AND FIELD OF VIEW

many thanks adam

also any other sugestions

also, which would you choose a sako trg 42 338 lapua or it in 308 win mag ?????????????????????????/

please guys need help

many thanks adam gun)

1.repeatability of turrets
2.lense quality
3.reticle
4.field of view

i hold all of them important, for sako trg 42, 308. and 338. lapua mag

is what i forgot to add, many thanks =]

If you want to stay in the Nightforce realm, the 5.5-22x...50or56 with the NPR-1 reticle and Zero Stop turrets would be my choice. The scope has plenty of adjustment in it, repeatable turrets, and that magnification range gives you decent field of view. The NPR-1 is great for target shooting. Line thickness is such in that reticle that it is very nice for target shooting at long range.

If you want to step up, then we are talking Schmidt Bender or even the Steiner Military optics. Glass quality will be the big difference between these scopes and the Nightforce.

Both Schmidt Bender and Steiner offer a 5-25x56. The Steiner only comes in a mil/mil configuration but Schmidt Bender offers an MOA/MOA version of their 5-25 along with more reticle options.

For the price difference, I would go with the Steiner over the Schmidt Bender. I have been shooting the MSR reticle in the Steiner 5-25 and really like the reticle.

Seiner is running a rebate right now that give you a free set of 10x50 binoulars if you purchase on of their Military Scopes. You could make a couple hundred bucks off of those if you decide to sell them. They sell for 400 new.

As an aside, I do own all three of the scopes I have mentioned above and have used all three in the field. These are just my opinions and I'm sure others might feel different.

i do have a price range maybe 1500-1900£ english pounds, many thanks for the other scopes in your choice will have a look see and see how they look

thanks guys =]gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.