Which new dies?

Gwine

Been loading for a lot of years in a few different calibers but am looking to up my game a little.
The first rifle to get the love is the wife's semi custom 7-08. There is 100 new brass waiting for attention.
I am currently using basic FL RCBS dies.
I will be full length sizing.
Which dies would you buy and why.
Thanks in advance.

The last 2 new sets I bought are the new Hornady ones. I much prefer the way that they adjust and supposedly they don't stretch the brass as much.

I like the Forster dies. The sizer die with the adjustable expander ball high on the stem allows for more concentric case necks and the seater die with the caliber chamber gives very little bullet run-out. Not that expensive either.

Thanks for the input.
I couldn't remember which die allowed expanding to start while still holding the neck centered in the die.
I can imagine the micrometer seater dies make depth adjustments considerably easier. Never used one, I assume they allow minor adjustment without having to fiddle with a jam nut.

I second Forster dies I believe they are the best on the market outside of sending fired brass in to get a custom die made.

I retrofitted all my RCBS full length dies with a Forster high mounted floating expanders.

One of the biggest causes of case neck runout is caused by the expander being locked down off center.

Below on the left a RCBS .223 expander raised as high as it will move. And on the right the direct replacement Forster expander assembly.

5kfnKwd.jpg

Below a modified Forster expander and spindle assembly installed on a Redding .243 FL die. This greatly reduced neck runout and not having to drag the longer Redding expander through the neck. A rubber o-ring was added below the expander lock nut to allow the expander to float.

kWbieba.jpg

Bottom line Forster fl dies are No.1 in my book for making very concentric cases. But the Forster expander assembly can be installed on other make dies to reduce neck runout. And for $12.50 Forster will hone the neck of their dies to your desired diameter.

Y7Iyv8o.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.