Which neck turning systems does everyone prefer ?

WYOHTF

Not being able to find any quality brass for a 25-06 has led me to want to resize Lake City 30-06 brass that I have on hand.
I was told I would definitely have to turn the necks. I have never done this in 40 years of reloading. Am wanting to hear any opinions about who's neck turning systems I should be looking to purchase.
Thanks

I found this doing a search. Pretty well covers it. Wow, now I now why folks gripe so much about or refuse to do it
I just sent brass to DJ from DJ's brass service. $60 per 100 cases, a little more for magnums. We worth it to me to have it done right and not have to mess with a bunch of cases (i sent him brass for 3 guns).

I found this doing a search. Pretty well covers it. Wow, now I now why folks gripe so much about or refuse to do it
It's not a big deal if you have the right tools. I turn brass for all my rifles plus my son's rifles and I rather enjoy it. All our rifles have custom chambers, so it's important to have proper neck clearance and neck wall consistency.

We go through a lot of brass, but it's something to do in the heat of summer and cold of winter. Luckily, the new brass options, like ADG, Peterson, Lapua and RWS, last longer than the softer cases.

To get setup for numerous cartridges, the tools are not cheap, so using guys like D.J.s is a good way to experiment before jumping in.

I've not done much neck turning, but this is what I've used. I've probably had it 40+ years .....bought used then. I thought that it did a good job.....but I have nothing to compare the results to! I've used it for trimming, hollow-pointing cast bullets, and of course......neck turning. memtb

I spent the majority of the morning researching this and am not scared at all now.
Now to see what's in the wallet🤫
I started turning necks about 20 years ago, using the data from German Salazar, using old cases to practice.

Started with K&M tools and they are still my favorite. Have about 20 cutters set for each rifle. You'll need the heat shrink to hold cutters and their neck micrometer. Good Luck.

I started turning necks about 20 years ago, using the data from German Salazar, using old cases to practice.

Started with K&M tools and they are still my favorite. Have about 20 cutters set for each rifle. You'll need the heat shrink to hold cutters and their neck micrometer. Good LuI've not done much neck turning, but this is what I've used. I've probably had it 40+ years .....bought used then. I thought that it did a good job.....but I have nothing to compare the results to! I've used it for trimming, hollow-pointing cast bullets, and of course......neck turning. memtb

Thanks for the pointers.
I can't afford the 21st century stuff for sure

I use the Sinclair Turning tool. They make a couple of styles, but both work the same. once you have the tool and driver (I purchased the drill adapter), its about $20.00 to add another caliber.

I use this one and it works pretty well. I've been using a power drill to drive it but I'm building a retrofit motorized driver on a cabinet slide to keep everything aligned and keep it simpler. They now build a fully motorized version but it's kind of pricy. Still, even without doing this, the lathe does a good and repeatable job, and does it quickly.

I use a K&M system and it works great for me. IMHO a bigger question is what to use to measure the neck thickness? Lots of choices for yout to consider. A ball micrometer is slow, but from what I have found, the most accurate. That subject is coverd in depth in other threads.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.