which loads for 7mm-08?

HNDLDR

We have four 7mm-08s at my house now. They're all different makes. All four will shoot the 140 Gr NBT under an inch when loaded over a max load of Varget. Although we haven't used it on game yet, this will be our deer load and then switch to the 140 NAB for elk. This is in a Browning X Bolt, TC Venture, Savage Youth Axis, and a Remington R-25.

sundance1972

I was thinking of going with a 20inch barrel for her which varget may be too slow of a powder for...decisions decisions
I have a 21" barrel on my Savage and Varget is still the best powder I've tried in it. May not be the fastest, but accurate and consistent with 120-140's.

hammer111

Not much love for rl 17, gonna have to get another bottle of varget , seems to be the consensus favorite.

Savage 12BVSS

OK here's my experience, using 20" barrel I have found no powder more accurate than IMR4350. I use 45gr behind a 140gr accubond, hot load so work up to it. No pressure signs and full case fill, for what its worth I use norma brass and CCI BR-2 primers at .012 off lands. Its at four's now but have final powder ladder to do (going tenth grain increments each way 1/2 grain), hoping to get in the threes when its fully tightened down. Its deadly on big whitetail, more DRT's than any other caliber I've used on deer! Good Shooting Dave

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce