Which kit

i think kits are ok if you are truly a novice, but I would suggest buying individual pieces. Get the best press you can afford(and like) and a good scale and powder measure, and SEVERAL reloading manuals. Then add equipment as you need it. Check gun shows and at the range you use, I bet there are several people with "extra" stuff you can pick up .

+1 on MTBULLET, every word of it. All the kits will have pieces you need, along with several you don't. Buying piecemeal allows you to select just what you want, for YOUR particular reloading needs. That, and the fact that no one has a corner on the equipment market; none of them makes "the best" stuff out there. They all make both good stuff, as well as more . . . "not good" stuff. In the end, I'll bet money that you'll find, Lee, Redding, RCBS, Sinclair, etc., stuff on your bench rather than all of the same make. Don't get too locked in on any one make, and you'll save yourself some frustration in the long run.

Kevin Thomas
Lapua USA

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.