Which is the Cadillac of brass prep centers?

I have the Frankfort Arsenal Platinum prep centre and love it, as l have said before, if it was a woman, l'd marry it.
I usually do 5kilos of 223 resized to 222 at a time and it beats everything that I have used before.
Regards
Graham 🐢.

Bought the "RCBS" prep tool. Lath, to trim and then there is some Six Stations for the in side out side campher. Primer pockets. (small/large) then I have a flash hole reamer to clean out the inside of the "Flash holes"! And one station with nothing in it, for now. Some of the stations are only used on the First reload. Flash hole ream. Once that is done, it's done! Then, I measure about every one after the third time to be reloaded. If nothing changed, I go about the reload! Do clean primer pockets, and brush inside Necks, just s—to and griends.
Have fun and reload! Be safe!

Your wasting your time on primer pockets. Agree with above comment on that. The best f class shooters don't bother with them.
buy Lapua brass, it's worth it. If it does grow in length trim oal with a little crow in a drill press or hand drill, they are caliber specific.

All these years and I am still chamfering and cleaning primer pockets by hand. Looking to speed this process up with one of those fancy electric prep centers. Which one is the best option that you only need to buy once?
I've had my RCBS case Prep center as long as I can remember (15-20 yrs) It's very reliable. Not too fast, but way better than doing them by hand.
I have recently replaced the primer pocket cutters and the chamfer & deburring cutters.
I guess this was to be expected after so many cuts.
I would buy this prep center again if it does finally wear out.

M2C

The Giraud tri way trimmer is the Cadillac of trimmers and chamfer tools. As for primer pockets I wouldn't bother with clean them. There isn't any really benefit to it.
I looked them up online I was shocked at how affordable they are I'm going to get a trimmer as well as the prep center. For 3 to 400 more than the average equipment you get a commercial unit, I do volume reloading so it's a no-brainer for me.

For case Prepping, chamfering and de burring, cleaning case necks and primer pockets. I use the RCBS Trim Mate Prep center. My FIL uses the Lyman. You can't go wrong with any one of them. I also believe that they both have new models on the market now.

Everyone is posting nice prep setups but lets be honest, the Cadillac of prep setups is the Dillon CP-2000. They advertise a rate of 3000 cases per hour and after seeing one run in person, I absolutely believe that. Maybe at that speed it's more the F1 of case prep and not a Cadillac....
yeah, I looked at that one too but at 2000 dollars I can do the same thing with the garuad equipment it will be slower but it only cost half of what the Dillon cost. I'm trying to buy a Dillon 650 fully automatic I like to color coordinate my reloading room so the Dillon cp-2000 is in the future just can't afford it right now lol

yeah, I looked at that one too but at 2000 dollars I can do the same thing with the garuad equipment it will be slower but it only cost half of what the Dillon cost. I'm trying to buy a Dillon 650 fully automatic I like to color coordinate my reloading room so the Dillon cp-2000 is in the future just can't afford it right now lol
I've use to have a 650, save your sheckles and spend the extra $100 for the 750. My 750 is definitely an improvement over the 650 just due to reliability.

The Giraud tri way trimmer is the Cadillac of trimmers and chamfer tools. As for primer pockets I wouldn't bother with clean them. There isn't any really benefit to it.
WRONG! You obviously don't reload cartridges for a revolver. For years I didn't clean and prep the primer pockets. For years I had occasional rounds that would keep the cylinder from rotating through a round, all because the primer was not seated properly due to a primer pocket that needed to be cleaned and prepped. So now ask yourself; is there any chance that this is happening in my bolt action rifle, and what if any damage might a poorly seated primer cause to the cartridge and the rifle? Just think about it!

All these years and I am still chamfering and cleaning primer pockets by hand. Looking to speed this process up with one of those fancy electric prep centers. Which one is the best option that you only need to buy once?
I was using a small 12V lithium until it went bad. I developed a device to screw the chamfer or the reamer into and use an electric drill of some sort. Currently I am using my dremmel tool it actually works better than the drill because you can adjust the speed more efficiently. When chamferring you will need a case holder.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.