Which guns do you use for predator hunting?

Which guns do you use for predator hunting?

• Bolt Action Only

Votes: 975 40.1%
  • AR-15 Only

Votes: 81 3.3%
  • Shotgun Only

Votes: 9 0.4%
  • Bolt and Shotgun

Votes: 416 17.1%
  • AR-15 and Shotgun

Votes: 95 3.9%
  • Both AR-15 and Bolt

Votes: 857 35.2%

• Total voters
Bolt actions, Ar's or Shotguns? I suppose that your poll doesn't allow for enough answers to cover my single shots that I use!

Kelbly Atlas single shot bolt action only because I can use my retired barrels from competition which currently has a 6mm Dasher 1-8 twist and was proven out to 600 yds to 2"

I designed the feeding systems for the 22ccm Dan screwed me after that but it is a good cartridge for yotes .....personally I use my M4 for wolves until the wolf was "reintroduced" I never killed anything I wouldn't eat.

Tikka m55 in 243 win for now. Building me up a custom long range 243 for my night force. Plus I use my 308 on them to.no coyote safe for 1200 yards at least. Working on getting a 338 lap and yes I'll pop yotes with it.gun:cool:

Got a Rem. 700 in .257 Roberts with a 85 gr. Nos. bt that shoots really well.
Was calling back in December with a couple friends in a close quarters set up and had a pair of coyotes blow right in on top of us with out anyone being able to get a shot off and where gone just that quick. Since then we ordered a new barrel for the 12ga. 870 Express with a full turkey choke and hope to try it out soon..

@ runshort. for the best knock down and stay down try the Heavy Shot 'Dead Coyote' load. They come in 3.5" and 3". Expensive but worth. The shot is made out of tungsten.

I love the AR platform for yotes. Had a custom 22-250 40x that shot lights out, but way to heavy and nearly impossible when multiple dogs come in. I went with a 204 and its great at medium range, but worthless past 500. In addition, slug around a 1187 with buck shot for certain stands.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts