Which GPS unit for me?

I have the Etrax 30, or maybe its the 20. lol I also have the chip and would be willing to sell. Its all you need, and I wouldn't consider selling, but its gonna be a few years before I go back to wyoming.

I have the Rino 120 and here are some pros and cons from my experience.

Con- Having the radio on drains battery life.
Pro- When my daughters start going on there own we can turn radios on every hour and poll so we know where each is.

Con- Polling only works with other Rinos
Pro- Other radios can be used in conjunction with the Rino. I have two motorolas that have the same frequency configuration so we can talk I just can't poll them.

Con- I think my Rino is too old to have the sd card, but I don't have to worry about private land where I hunt.
Pro- I have Topo 2008 and can link Rino and computer, transferring way points back and forth and topo maps.

Con- Learning the Rino took a while especially the toggle stick.
Pro- Once you learn it there are numerous features I like.

Con- In rugged terrain all radio units lose distance.
Pro- The wife knows everyday I leave a map in the truck so if I were to break my leg and she had to send out a search party, they would be close enough to poll me and find me with a Rino. In an emergency the frequency is 9 and the squelch code is 11. Yes 911.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.