Which GPS unit fits your needs?

I have used a Garmin Oregon 550T for the last 2 hunting seasons and love it. I use it to return to camp and to re-locate downed game. Last fall a friend shot an elk but could not return with help to his stand. Luckily we had snow but it took 5 of us all morning to find the elk. I also installed the state topo which is really great.

Do your maps distinguish between BLM land and BLM land that is currently leased? The area in particular that I am talking about is in Wyoming, Antelope area 113, on Highway 387 that is east of Interstate 25. My BLM map shows that area to be just BLM land. But Google's aerial photo clearly shows oil tanks, buildings, gravel roads and possibly houses. How can that stuff be BLM. Hopefully your maps can make the distinction.

Do your maps distinguish between BLM land and BLM land that is currently leased? The area in particular that I am talking about is in Wyoming, Antelope area 113, on Highway 387 that is east of Interstate 25. My BLM map shows that area to be just BLM land. But Google's aerial photo clearly shows oil tanks, buildings, gravel roads and possibly houses. How can that stuff be BLM. Hopefully your maps can make the distinction.

There are no maps anywhere that show what you are asking. Leasing public land for purposes like you mentioned or for grazing of animals does not take it out of being huntable property. If that was the case, most of the BLM out west would be off limits to hunting because a huge amount is leased for grazing. Check the other thread in the Antelope Forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.