Which Factory 300 Win Under $1k?

I was in the same boat as you wanted an 300wm to fill the empty slot in my safe. I just bought a rem700 5r, actually I got it a week ago today. I havn't shot it yet as I am still working with my 308, so many guns so little time:rolleyes: the 5r comes already threaded for a brake. My plan is 215Berger hybrids if they ever become available again. If this lives up to their reputation I think it will be a sub moa shooter with no problem. I will let you know how it does in a few weeks, by then you will probably have something:D. The one thing I will be adding is a Jewel, the factory trigger is just not for me.

Yeah, the factory X-Mark trigger sucks. I plan on a Jard V 14oz trigger for my 700 5R .308, and also plan on ordering all the other a available weight springs to see which one I like best. If I like it alot, might order one for my Sendero SF, even though that is an old factory trigger and I have it adjusted nicely.

Winchester model 70 extreme weather is my vote can be had new for about 1000 come with a Bell and Carlson.

Cowboy- by shopping you can get a sendero for less . i paid $650 for 300 and $480 for 7mm. the sporter weight guns like the sps stainless i would not count on for long range accuracy.

Well I found a Browning A Bolt for a price I couldn't pass up so I will be getting that.

The 300 should do all I need it to for now, and in the mean time I will start saving for a 375 RUM!

Cowboy I have the thompson center venture .300 win mag fits the criteria of what you are looking for. Got mine for $600.00 new and it shoots 1/4" moa at 200. In the hands of a better shooter it would do better I'm sure of it.

Cowboy I have the thompson center venture .300 win mag fits the criteria of what you are looking for. Got mine for $600.00 new and it shoots 1/4" moa at 200. In the hands of a better shooter it would do better I'm sure of it.
my brother just got one of the TC stainless in 300 win; he hasn't even put a top end on it yet.
I've got the a-bolt ss lh boss in 300 win and it's a 1/2 moa rifle, even with 1500 rounds bown the pipe. Killed my deer at 500 + yards in a cross wind with the deer trotting this last year. Chalk another one up to the browning; I've got to leave the thing at home so the other rifles get kills.

I have been reading alot of praise on the Winchester 70 Extreme Weather and Browning Long Range about their out of the box, long range accurracy. I havn't seen either in 300WM though and the shops I asked laughed when I asked about ordering. There are 30-06's and 300WSM though....

My guess is that either of those 2 will show up on Gunbroker fastest. Most higher volume dealers sell there. Keep looking, both are good choices. The Browning is less customizable but may be a better shooter. When you get a good shooter the quality has already been established at Browning and I'd guess the higher end Winchester's are too. Customization is sometimes overkill.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.