Which Factory 300 Win Mag for LR?

TORCHRIDER

I am looking to purchase a heavy barreled 300 Win Mag for LR shooting/hunting. I already have one in a sporter stock for short-mid range hunting. Which brand/model do you recommend I go with? I would prefer one with a threaded barrel, but could do that after if necessary.

Savage rifles seem to be the only commercial ones doing consistently well in long range F class matches

How accurate do you want one to be at what range? What's the biggest group you'll accept?

I am looking to purchase a heavy barreled 300 Win Mag for LR shooting/hunting. I already have one in a sporter stock for short-mid range hunting. Which brand/model do you recommend I go with? I would prefer one with a threaded barrel, but could do that after if necessary.

I overlooked this part. Why not just stretch out the one you have? If its a solid mid range gun chances are it'll do just fine at longer distance. You don't necessarily have to have a heavy barrel for LR, unless thats the excuse you're giving the old lady! :D

Rem 700

So much is avaible for Rem 700 stocks, triggers, detachable magazines, etc.

No brainier the Rem 700

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.