Which Factory 280AI Rifle?

nso123

If you were going to buy a lighter weight production model rifle in 280AI, which rifle would it be and why? I have been wanting one for a while.

A budget would help. If I were to buy a factory gun in 280 AI I would grab a Savage Ultralite. Gives you the adjustments on LOP and cheek riser, proof barrel, factory blue printed action etc for 6 pounds. Not too shabby IMO
I don't have a particular budget. I had looked at the Ultralite and they seem to be a pretty good option given the features. I am just not looking to have another custom rifle built right now.

I'd take a look at the browning Xbolt. The fast, 1:8 twist rate barrel, keeps options open for bullet choices. I've owned a couple and find them to be very nice. One of my favorites was a Hell's Canyon Speed that I dropped into a McMillian Game Scout.

One more for the Savage ultralight. Bedded the action and floated the barrel. Shoots awesome my Only complaint is recoil pad is too soft so it can be a bit jumpy with out a brake.

Cooper gets my vote due to their clean lines and out-of-the-box accuracy. My Model 54 in .270 Win. shoots sub-1/2" with factory ammo and is the 2nd most accurate rifle I've ever owned.

A CZ 527 - with single set-trigger in .22 Hornet - is my most accurate placing factory ammo into 1/4" groups.