which dot for leu 6.5 20 50

Tray

This is really subjective, but I do have the scope you mentioned, with a target dot. It's on a .243 that I use for long range prairie dog hunting, and for that application, it works well. However, the one time I did load up some 100 gr noslers and use it to deer hunt, I was very surprised at just how hard that dot is to find in low light conditions, especially with woods as a background.

For your application, I'd say first choice would be duplex, second would be the Leu dot, and I don't think I'd consider the target dot under any circumstances .. just my 2 cents.

Tray

I have several of these scopes in 1" & 30mm that I have had refitted with mil dot reticle.This is ofcourse a factory option on the 6.5x20 longrange scope. I have found he mil dot system to be really good as the dots & lines are small enough for varmit and easy to find on big game. The bonus is the fact that it doubles as a range finder, once you get used to it it is the best

Leupold offers the target dot, leu dot, and the regular duplex for the 6.5 20 50. I want to use the scope for long range(500-800)yds on deer sized game. Does anyone have preferences on the recticles mentioned above.
I have been told that the target dot is difficult to see in low light conditions.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.