which do I choose?

Trainwreck48

Hey guys, I was looking into doing some medium to long range target practice. I shoot at several different farms and I'm looking to start out small and work my way up. Hopefully hitting targets at 800 yards eventually. I am wondering which of these rifles you guys would advise to go with.

This one for $720 RUGER M77 MKII TARGET 6.5 CREEDMOOR S/S LAMINATE

This one for $800 SAVAGE 12BVSS VARMINT .22-250 26"HB FLUTED S/S BR. LAMINATE

This one for $630 BG X-BOLT VARMINT SPECIAL .308 NS MATTE BLUED

This one for $500 MB MVP VARMINT .308 WIN. 24"HB BR-STYLE GREY LAMINATE STOCK

And also.my guy hasnt quoted me a price yet on it yet but I was considering a savage 12 lrp in 6.5 creedmoor. I am having a hard time deciding on which one to purchase. Does anyone have personal.experience with any of these? I am worrying about the scope later. Any thoughts or advise at all will be appreciated.

My vote is also the Savage 6.5 CM or 260. Best thing about any Savage is if you shoot out the barrel or want to change caliber you have the basic action already and you can change barrels yourself and do it much cheaper. :D Out of the box it is hard to beat a Savage for accuracy.

Check the thread "sub moa accuracy of plain factory rifles stock". I submitted a photo of a group I shot a couple of days ago with a Savage Max 1 Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. I believe this is a good example of what a Savage can do, and also based on my previous experience with a Savage earlier this year in 300 WSM.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.