Which Crtrdg- Short barrel do everything hunting rifle?

It's a ruger m77 mII stainless. Africa is still a year and half out. Am hoping to be able to shoot a Cape buffalo with a 9.3x62. A couple PH said it should be fine.
Yes it will be fine. I know a man. He was hunting Africa in the 70,s. Took a 458 and a 7mm weatherby. They were tracking buffalo and the moment had come. The black handed him the 7mm loaded with 160 noslers. Head on under the chin it dumped him:D

Yes it will be fine. I know a man. He was hunting Africa in the 70,s. Took a 458 and a 7mm weatherby. They were tracking buffalo and the moment had come. The black handed him the 7mm loaded with 160 noslers. Head on under the chin it dumped him:D

It's not the fact it can't do it. Research the countries. I have not seen one yet that allows anything less than 375 caliber.

Did you not read what I posted? Reputable. You posted a forum with a guy whose pictures are outdated look at their attire.

Provide "your PHs info" and what country there in. I will be spending the rest of the day going country by country. Apparently the NRA and actively reputable outfitters arnt enough.

This on going senseless pride and baseless information is what has myths that never stop circulating.

Wow, you sure are coming off as a smart A. If you are trying to promote your business and reputation online I would recommend toning it down a notch. -maybe take a clue from your name "Silent" when something you don't agree with online. Did you even read the whole "non-reputable " thread?

I won't subject the PH to your baseless criticism but trust someone who has seen over 500 Buffalo killed to know a bit more than you. And even if it is "illegal" those are antiquated laws 100 years old before current powders and bullets available now increase performance. There are exceptions for the 9.3

After I get one with a 9.3 I'll be back with my Bow to get another!

Last edited:
Wow, you sure are coming off as a smart A. If you are trying to promote your business and reputation online I would recommend toning it down a notch. -maybe take a clue from your name "Silent" when something you don't agree with online. Did you even read the whole "non-reputable " thread?

I won't subject the PH to your baseless criticism but trust someone who has seen over 500 Buffalo killed to know a bit more than you. And even if it is "illegal" those are antiquated laws 100 years old before current powders and bullets available now increase performance. There are exceptions for the 9.3

Well said.

Did you not read what I posted? Reputable. You posted a forum with a guy whose pictures are outdated look at their attire.

Provide "your PHs info" and what country there in. I will be spending the rest of the day going country by country. Apparently the NRA and actively reputable outfitters arnt enough.

This on going senseless pride and baseless information is what has myths that never stop circulating.

Did you read the article you posted? The very first one. Chuck Hawks - Class 4 Big Game "Note that in most African countries the 9.3x62mm and/or .375 H&H are mandated by law as the minimum for hunting lion, Cape buffalo, rhino, hippo and elephant."

I provided a base. Read every word of it. It is a forum. You are still not right and refuse to prove otherwise. I want information showing I am wrong. Anyone who works with me or us know who I am and how I treat others. Most in the firearm industry are inept A words as you call it. Using a play on words with company name, elementary. Truth and facts. I am a dedicated to the truth and proving people like you and the ones who jumped on your bandwagon wrong.

No need for toning anything down. I put out enough information to prove the FACTS and for you to simply do the same as so many others to keep this industry and flat out society in these depths shows no one will ever "learn" and the stench will continue. Not providing a professional outfitters information, weakest move yet. What are they gonna do." Hey man, this guy who owns a gun manufacturing company called and asked us to provide the hunting regulations for our area. How could you do such a thing............." Highly doubtful. I obviously wouldn't be an A word, I want to know what information they have.

Promoting my business has nothing to do with this. Fail from day one if you have to prove your market. Why do you think so many close, cut jobs. Getting business or any advice from you, not open to that idea, especially now.

What am I suppose to do, kiss A all day long. Heck no. I have to combat the nay-say constantly. Look how this thread started. 2 different 338s. I even showed where mine was not that fastest and showed deference to a company who proves they do something great. My business principles were designed to take the lies and the fraud and expose them. We offer great products and information and would always admit when I am wrong.

I will continue to dedicate time to be prove my point. Even if I would be wrong with information I would probably end up finding, I would show and admit it.

tdot, I did see that one blurb about the 9.3 and discredited it the more I dug but thought it would be fair at the time to include it. Still trying to find one country that says 9.3 is legal. The quest continues.

Did you read the article you posted? The very first one. Chuck Hawks - Class 4 Big Game "Note that in most African countries the 9.3x62mm and/or .375 H&H are mandated by law as the minimum for hunting lion, Cape buffalo, rhino, hippo and elephant."

Here is a good starter for the other side. Doesn't even say caliber. Energy. 9.3x62 does not have enough energy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9.3×62mm

http://www.hunting-portal-namibia.com/html/body_Game_Laws.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.375_H&H_Magnum

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.