Which crossbow to buy?

ATH

I had a $300 crossbow it worked great. Killed a couple deer with it. Cocking it with a rope was no joke. But I have no disabilities.

I bought a Ravin R26. If I had back or shoulder issues....the cranking cocking is as close to effortless as it will get. But pricy. There was a 30% sale on at the time, which is why I did it.

RWE

I finally took the plunge into Xbows this year. Like you, old shoulder injury gets aggravated by “repeated use” so Xbow it is…. I chose mine after a bunch of research and shooting several owned by buddies. It is like rifles, and trucks, and everything really. I would say try on as many as possible, look up “Death by Bunji” on YouTube and watch a bunch of his stuff.

I have a Wicked Ridge x400, really like it, fast, accurate (good arrows matter!), and easy to cock with the built in string/pulley thing. I don’t like the crank cockers but I see why some do. After shooting a bunch, I realize that most mechanical work will be done by authorized folks. A recurve Xbow can be “just” as fast but you can do a lot on your own (change strings, limbs, try different limbs, have backups on hand/in case, take string off between shooting/hunting seasons…….)

So… research, shoot a bunch, make up you own mind based on needs (and wants).

I might have to get a recurve Xbow for a backup!!!

KTP

I bought my first Xbow this year, and after suggestions and research decided on the TenPoint S1 Turbo. It has the decock feature, about 380 fps so not very loud, it's very accurate out to 60 yds. so far, and far less wear/tear than the speed machines that rip through servings/strings etc...

I got the upgraded package deal through Wyvern, and am very happy with the set up...haven't hunted with it yet.
I have the same 10 Point bow and really like it. Decock feature is very handy and Simple. Shoots great and a compact bow..