Which coyote calling sounds to use in Wyoming

Whoops, I missed this one.

I am going tomorrow. I postponed because of high winds. Been watching the forecast every day. Finally got better.

Len, make sure you wear your longjohns. I woke up to -15 with a -41 wind chill this morning. Other than that, its cold and windy! Good luck, Cinch

Yeah, that's what I decided to avoid...even though I am a tough Wisconsin boy used to frigid stuff.:cool:

Highs will be in teens and low 20's with winds more manageable, too.

Yes, 8 below Tuesday at dawn, my first hunt day. We won't start until about 9 or so. High of 10 above that day and better the next 2 days.

We'll be ok if it doesn't get windy. A few years ago I photographed Great Gray Owls in northern Minnesota. We went out pre-dawn each of 3 days at 40 below zero. We were dressed for it and never got cold for more than a few minutes one day. There was almost no wind which made a huge difference. The wind forecast in WY is for 5 to 10 or so each day. Fingers crossed.

40 below owl photo

Yes, 8 below Tuesday at dawn, my first hunt day. We won't start until about 9 or so. High of 10 above that day and better the next 2 days.

We'll be ok if it doesn't get windy. A few years ago I photographed Great Gray Owls in northern Minnesota. We went out pre-dawn each of 3 days at 40 below zero. We were dressed for it and never got cold for more than a few minutes one day. There was almost no wind which made a huge difference. The wind forecast in WY is for 5 to 10 or so each day. Fingers crossed.

40 below owl photo

i dont see how yall do it. i sat in my tripod this past weekend and bow hunted in shorts and sandals.........i love south texas

heck we hunt in shorts and sandals to 20 below... it has to get 35 to 40 below to break out the pants and cover up the toes.... LOL

it ain't that bad at all....

best day ever coyote calling was 23 below zero....

called in 17 coyotes and killed 14 of them... 6 1/2 hours of hunting....

had snot-cicles to my chin.

heck we hunt in shorts and sandals to 20 below... it has to get 35 to 40 below to break out the pants and cover up the toes.... LOL

it ain't that bad at all....

best day ever coyote calling was 23 below zero....

called in 17 coyotes and killed 14 of them... 6 1/2 hours of hunting....

had snot-cicles to my chin.

:rolleyes: There's several good visuals.....................................:D

im a south Texas guy, yall can keep that cold stuff up there. i hunted west virginia a couple of years ago and got snowed on while sitting a tree stand and uppon the attempt of heading back to camp, I ended up sliding half way down the hill on my backside. the bad thing was, that my four wheeler was still parked at the top of the hill..that was enough for me.. ill keep my butt down south on this flat land.. haha...aww hell who am i kidding, if its got anything to do with hunt , im game..

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts