Which countries are our members living in?

Hey there
Littlebear lives in Denmark, I love hunting in mountains so I hae to go abroad now and then. Crazy about Canada, Skotland and New Zealand, but 2009 I go to Alaska to hunt Dall Sheep.
:D

Hi people, archermb here posting from Canada (Manitoba to be exact.) Land of great bears, huge whitetails, good moose and elk, along with caribou in the far north.

I've seen this site on our wild tv show, and had to come and see. A great place to learn. Have many of you seen and reccomend the Beyond Belief DVD's? Been thinking of springing for them.

Thanks in advance,

Reuben:)

Hello everyone Im Awit from the Philippines. I really enjoy long range shooting and even with our small amount or resourses here in our country my group could still get by.

It still amazes me to think we have created this world-wide community of human beings with like-minded interests.

We now have our first member from Vietnam. Other represented countries I can think of are US, Canada, Finland, Norway, Italy, England, Columbia, UAR.

What are some of the others? (no states, please)

Denmark
littlebear

Coming from Australia here.
What a great site! perfect blend of tips/hot-to's and stroies of what we all love to do:)

Japan. No guns aside from the gangs and police. But I am living vicariously with paypal and credit cards buying guns and ammo online for when I and the wife get to come back for a visit. Thinking about summer, but the mess to the south of Texas doesn't sound like something I want to be a part of.

Last edited:
USA

Don't tread on me

come and take it

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Don't tread on me

come and take it

Well that was a rude and discourteous way to welcome people of other nations to participate in the Long Range Hunting Forum. Personally, I enjoy reading the stories of people hunting other species of animals in other lands.

Don't Tread on Me

The Fourth of July never fails to reinspire my patriotism and sense of community with my fellow Americans, even when those fellow Americans are a mob of drunken cretins and teenagers trying to get out of downtown Chicago at 11pm.
I like seeing all the American flags. I do have my complaints about the American government, especially about how intimately the Washington D.C. politicians feel they should be involved in the daily lives of their subjects, I mean, citizens. But the flag isn't just a symbol of the American government. It's a symbol of shared American values -- especially our highest common value: freedom.
When it comes to symbolizing freedom and the spirit of '76, I do think there's a better American flag. With all due respect to the stars and stripes, I prefer the yellow Gadsden flag with the coiled rattlesnake and the defiant Don't Tread on Me motto.
The meaning of Old Glory can get mixed up with the rights and wrongs of the perpetually new-and-improved government. The meaning of "Don't Tread on Me" is unmistakable. There's also an interesting history behind this flag. And it's intertwined with one of American history's most interesting personalities, Ben Franklin.

American independence

The snake symbol came in handy ten years later, when Americans were again uniting against a common enemy.
In 1765 the common enemy was the Stamp Act. The British decided that they needed more control over the colonies, and more importantly, they needed more money from the colonies. The Crown was loaded with debt from the French and Indian War.
Why shouldn't the Americans -- "children planted by our care, nourished by our indulgence," as Charles Townshend of the House of Commons put it -- pay off England's debt?
Colonel Isaac Barre, who had fought in the French and Indian War, responded that the colonies hadn't been planted by the care of the British government, they'd been established by people fleeing it. And the British government hadn't nourished the colonies, they'd flourished despite what the British government did and didn't do.
In this speech, Barre referred to the colonists as "sons of liberty." In the following months and years, as we know, the Sons of Liberty became increasingly resentful of English interference. And as the tides of American public opinion moved closer and closer to rebellion, Franklin's disjointed snake continued to be used as symbol of American unity, and American independence. For example, in 1774 Paul Revere added it to the masthead of The Massachusetts Spy and showed the snake fighting a British dragon.

Meaning and Origins of the Second Amendment; The AK-47.

THE GROWING TYRANNY
Under the leadership of General Santa Anna, the government of Mexico was transformed into a military dictatorship (see the letter by S.F. Austin, p. 85, Texas and the Texans), ignoring the Constitution of 1824, which had cost many lives and had secured liberties not previously enjoyed by the people. The state of Coahuila did not cooperate with Santa Anna's plans, and the state of Zacatecas rebelled, but was brutally crushed by the military. One of Santa Anna's "reforms" was to reduce the number of the militia to one soldier for every five-hundred inhabitants, and to disarm the remainder. This arbitrary decree was a sufficient justification of Texas for her subsequent acts. Every one who knows the Texans, or who has heard of them, would naturally conclude that they never would submit to be disarmed. Any government that would attempt to disarm its people is despotic; and any people that would submit to it deserves to be slaves!

Which countries are our members living in?
It still amazes me to think we have created this world-wide community of human beings with like-minded interests.

We now have our first member from Vietnam. Other represented countries I can think of are US, Canada, Finland, Norway, Italy, England, Columbia, UAR.

What are some of the others? (no states, please)

This is how the thread was started.

The key words are "world-wide community of human beings with like-minded interests".