Which Companies Are Making Rifles in .408 Chey Tac?

Nighthawk, please clarify. Are you currently active miliary and are you saying that when you retire you'll be able to have all the same "weapons-gathering" capability in retirement as you do when you're active? If this is the case, I wonder. I'm not ex-military or current military, so I don't have much info about the availability of weapons to retired military. BUT, I suspect that say you live in LA, for example. As active military I'm sure that you have complete access to anything that the military uses: such as M60's, handgrenades, ect.. I HIGHLY DOUBT, if when you retire in LA that you'll still have access to M60's and handgrenades, ect... HOWEVER I could be completely wrong, so please clarify my confusion.

Roadrunner. I'm not on active military servise yet, but that will be in less than a year and I will be an officer but when I do I should have access to anything I want. (Which by the way, all I want to have is a silencer on my rifles. nothing more, nothing less. Except maybe a few "gagets".) What would you like to have if you were in the servise? When I'm out I should still get the same benefits as when I was still active. But by the time I was out I would have gotten all I wanted anyway so I wouldn't really care if I didn't get them. They did say I would continue to get benefits though, even if you are out you were still there. I hope this wasn't too confusing.
Nighthawk
smile.gif

I appologise in advance for my off topic post.

Nighthawk,

I will be an officer but when I do I should have access to anything I want

Oh man,,, do you have an eye opener coming to you. After about a year,, you'll be happy when you can get a good supply of toilet paper for the barracks.

Ask the Marines who paid for their 30 cal and 223 silencers right before they shipped to the gulf.

Remember this term bro,, "deadlined".... You'll be hearing it quite a bit.

FatBoy...

[ 07-29-2002: Message edited by: FatBoy... ]

Ok Fatboy what do you mean? I was in two branches C.G. and A.F. and never heard the term but, learned alot about reallocation.
Carried my own 45acp when deployed.

Texas,

Active duty, Strait Leg Army Infantry for 6 years,,,,

Deadline is a "Gig " that puts whetever piece of equipment your inspecting/inventorying out of service until you have the proper parts to fix it. You never get the proper parts to fix it. I was a light fighter so we had very few vehicles, but the ones we did have sucked because we were constantly stealing parts or jerry rigging to get keep the **** things running. It eventually got to the point that we were deadlining crew served weapons becasue we couldn't get parts. Radios, TA-50,, toilet paper,, you name it,, we went about 3 years where we coulnd't get anything. Shortly after that I got out.

I'm sure things are different in the CG due to there smaller size, and the AF is spoiled and EVERY body knows that. (save for maybe two job descriptions, no arguments please), so you may not have expierenced the budgetary kick in the B$lls that the Army and Marines go through trying to get the basics for thier field soldiers.

It must have been very hard for the Command to convince a traitor and a bunch of pacifists that we need a strong, well armed, well funded military and the results are still being felt.

Again, sorry for the off topic post.

FatBoy...

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.