Which cheek rest for bergara b-14 ridge

GregBFL

I recently purchased my Bergara B-14 Ridge and after I installed the Vortex Viper HS-T 4-14x44 scope, 20 MOA scope rail and Burris XTR Signature rings (Low), I find the height of the stock riser is just a little too low. I have performed a "Search" of the forum and after reading numerous posts I have narrowed it down to these and would appreciate any input that con be offered. I am trying to avoid the ones that have (2) bolts that drill horizontally through the stock (i.e. Karsten's, Matthew's, etc.) but they are not off the table. I have no affiliation with any of these manufacturers...

1) Accu-Riser Ambi Comb Raiser CR-6000 - I like this design because it is similar to the Victor Cheek Riser I have on my Victor Titan 1022 stock in that it can be screwed on with (2) small screws from the top. It is supposed to be tapered for a typical Rem 700 stock and it has a clean look to it. Downside is it only has (2) adjustments (1/2" and 1") and I can't really find reviews on it via the forums. Cost is only $38 which is definitely one of the least expensive options.

2) Bradley Adjustable Cheek Rest - I like the fact that it's kydex based and allows for height / angle adjustments and seems to have favorable reviews. Downside to it is the cost, I don't want to sound cheap, but it will run in the neighborhood of $130 with shipping. If it's worth it I have no problem paying that.

3) Tac Pro Strap-On Cheek Rest - Similar in design to the Bradley and to me, it looks a little cleaner. According to the website it's .125" kydex so it should be plenty strong. Is rubberized between the kydex and the stock and is supposed to fit tightly to a variety of stock. Downside to it is I haven't seen many reviews on it and like the Bradley, it's pricey. It will be around $30 less than the Bradley.

4) Triad Modular Stock Pack - I'm not sure I want to go with a Cordura based soft stock pack but of those, this one seems to get the best reviews and recommendations. I like the idea of having a little extra storage but I am concerned about how well it will perform as consistent cheek weld with regards to respectability. Cost is around $50 which is reasonable for the quality I have been reading about.

Thanks for taking the time to read through all this and by all means, give me your thoughts.

Bergara%20B14%20Ridge%20A_1.jpg

Last edited:
Wondering about the current rings. Why not get some that are lower?

Another approach would be to get rid of rail and go for a ring base configuration that puts that scope lower. Then see if you need to add some height to the stock.

Not sure how much rise you require, but agree with AZShooter, a different ring/base/rail system may be a better option. Of those listed, I have no experience with the CR6000, I have used the others. I prefer the Triad Tactical stock pack only because of price and the warmth in the winter (I hunt in sub zero weather a lot). Between the Tac-ops and Bradly Creek, my vote is for the Bradley Creek. I like the drilled holes in the cheek piece rather than the slots. Its more robust and simply a personal choice. I don't believe you will be disappointed by any of them. Let us know what you decide.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.