Which Caliber and why?

All my current magnums have belts, and none are new designs... But I still don't have any love for the .300 WinMag, even though I own one.

1963 was a very good year... Winchester celebrated one of their finest hours by using the genius idea of customizing, building and legitimizing one of the finest most accurate hard hitting bridge the gap cartridges ever conceived... I'm having a custom WTO built to my specs... Manners T5A Thmb hole Stock , Krieger 28" 1.250" straight barrel , Stiller P1 Bolt , WTO Match Chamber ,Timney trig , Holland Brake , single shot .... Topped off with a Stiener 5x25x56 ... Mail order bride will soon be on her way... Peace Out

IMO, 1962 was a better year... Remington introduced the all new Model 700 rifle, and they introduced their new cartridge, the 7mm Remington Magnum. ;)

Do you know which action Remington copied, I mean based their action on.? I read about it but I've forgotten as its been a few days ago...

Do you know which action Remington copied, I mean based their action on.? I read about it but I've forgotten as its been a few days ago...
Remington based the 700 action off their 721 & 722 actions from the late 1940's. But as to what Remington's original actions were based off of, I believe it's off a combination of designs from the 1891 Argentine Mauser and the K98 Mauser action.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.